Best path forward for new patch creation

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
I have a grand total of 2 presets on my FM3. One for my duo one for my band. for some reason and I have no idea why, My band preset changed to my duo preset (concerning but I’m going to chalk this up to pilot error although I dont think I did anything wrong). The not so problem was that duo modern dirty guitar preset was simply glorious compared to my main band dirty preset. SO…….

I want to construct a main band preset around that scene in the Duo preset in a brand new preset. What is my bast path forward? Simply copy preset 1 to preset 3 and gut whatever I dont need? There is no way to move a scene into a blank preset I imagine, right?

Correct. You can copy individual blocks or channels between presets but depending on how much changes between your scenes it may just be easier to copy the whole preset over and get rid of the rest.
Kinda figured. Is there anything I could have done to a button in a scene inadvertently that would change me over to an entire other preset? Edit: I generally stay in scene view.

Turning the value wheel scrolls presets as do the left and right Nav buttons. Possible you bumped one of those?

You really need to live a little! :p
when you're also running sound, tracks and have band members running around connected to your router who are dangerous, you tend to want to keep things as simple as humanly possible.

Edit; recent mishaps include band member blowing the power to an entire side of the PA with electric heater, band member putting 2 like wireless IEM transmitters on the same channel (this results in no sound to anyone on that channel) and band member thinking they're adjusting their IEM click and they're really pushing the click into the mains. I need to duct tape them all together once we get set up because in 5 minutes they can wreak 20 minutes worth of troubleshooting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom