Best Modern Metal Mix for Reference?

Have to admit that Karnivool track is better than I gave it credit for. I believe the CD is kicking around in my Mustang somewhere. I thought it was highly derivative of Tool when I first listened to it, but I need to rescue that sucker and spin it loud.

I'll see Leon's Car Bomb track (which has way too many brain-lasering arcade bleeepy noises), and raise it a Clockworks, which to my ears is the same video done better:

Damn, I was just about to post this one.

It's awesome how tight everything sounds despite all the low tuned guitars. They also change up the tone quite a bit to bring things in and out in different sections. There's never too much fuzz or indistinctness going on with the distortion.

I'll see Leon's Car Bomb track (which has way too many brain-lasering arcade bleeepy noises), and raise it a Clockworks, which to my ears is the same video done better:

That Clockworks video was made by a friend of mine, using the same fractal animation techniques I use in my videos (see my signature to find my videos). The Clockworks video came about since Fredrik dabbles in fractal art himself and he had the idea of making a fractal animation video.

I made a Spotify playlist of the albums/artists mentioned here. Except for Car Bomb. Sorry Leon, Car Bomb is a touch too much for me :) .

Back
Top Bottom