Best MFC-101 Alternative -Since they are out of stock

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Ground Control Pro? Good with AxeII?

I have a midimate. I would like to take it up a notch. Ground Pro? What else? Cannot really afford or justify the MFC-101. Besides they are out and I think there is a waiting list and I'm not on it anyway.
Thanks

Last edited:
Im very happy with ground control pro ! If 128 presets is enough for you to switch between, then its a good alternative.good luck!

ground control pro, just for the level of quality an customer service....very similar to fractal, but the all access rocktron is awesome too. the liquid foot pro allows some deep editing, but there are now some issues with customer service. I'd prob tread a little lightly there.

I'll check both of these out-GCP and Rocktron all access. What would be ideal for me is a nice even split of presets and IA's. Like maybe 6 & 6
Thanks very much for th suggestions
Strat

The GCP is best configured for axe with: 8 IA switches and 4 Presets switches. You can use the bank up/down to access more presets . ex 0-3 , 4-7 etc
Theres a youtube clip showing the config between gcp and axe-fx!

I'll probably end up in the same boat. Does the GCP support Axe patch names and loading effect states? If not is there one that does? Thanks. CheersSteve

Both Ground Pro and All Access are good controllers I prefer the All Access and still have mine, although I will probably sell it in the future. Feature wise they are fairly similar but the All Access has more switches so more variety per bank (no matter what bank style you choose). Both are built very well!

I'll probably end up in the same boat. Does the GCP support Axe patch names and loading effect states? If not is there one that does? Thanks. CheersSteve
For loading effect states and name titles it’s either the MFC-101 or the Liquid-Foot.

6L6C said:
For loading effect states and name titles it’s either the MFC-101 or the Liquid-Foot.

Don't forget Gordius - the LG2 series also provides an "Axe-Fx" mode, including support for Preset Titles and Tuner Display.

i went the voodoo gcp route, which could be arriving today. i'll chime in with some feedback as soon as i have some time with it.

Does the Rocktron All Access display the tuner?... if not which else besides the Gordius?... Tks
No the All Access will not display the Axe Fx tuner or titles.
It will display titles but only with another piece of Rocktron gear like the Intellifex

Does the Rocktron All Access display the tuner?... if not which else besides the Gordius?... Tks

Forgot the other half of your question:

To my knowledge beside the Gordius, it's either the MFC or Liquid Foot
Keep something in mind about the Liquid Foot, there have been times were firmware for the Axe Fx was upgraded and Liquid Foot was not to quick to upgrade there firmware so people were having problems for a while.

Back
Top Bottom