Best low weight live solutions for Axe FX?

I’ve got a set of CLR’s, XiTone’s a Friedman ASM-12 and just ordered a pair of Friedman ASC-12’s. I keep the CLAr’a at home to create presets with. They are so good for this. I gig with my CiTone’s and keep the Friedman at practice. I ordered the 2 new Friedman’s to gig with as well as they sound really good for playing live. Great cab like quality to them but as mentioned they are not flat so not ideal for creating presets on but you can.

I’ve got a set of CLR’s, XiTone’s a Friedman ASM-12 and just ordered a pair of Friedman ASC-12’s. I keep the CLAr’a at home to create presets with. They are so good for this. I gig with my CiTone’s and keep the Friedman at practice. I ordered the 2 new Friedman’s to gig with as well as they sound really good for playing live. Great cab like quality to them but as mentioned they are not flat so not ideal for creating presets on but you can.

Thanks for info. Do you happen to have link to those items?

Considering the OP, if you’re considering the ASM-12 and ASC-12 low weight, what’s heavy?

The ASM-12C is lighter than a lot of guitar cabs. My Splawn 2x12 is 72 lbs. The ASC-12 is 59 so it seems light to me. It's pretty managable, like carrying a combo amp.The ASC at least has a proper handle unlike the ASM.
I also had a Xitone Walliman that was pretty light.. I also used a ZLX12. I dialed all my presets in on that and that moved to the Xitone. I thought those two were similar and the presets transferred well. The Xitone sounded much better at higher volume. The EV was good at low volume, but you could hear the plastic cabinet at higher volume.

Since I started this thread, and it has picked back up recently, I guess I should post what set-up I ended up using for the sake of posterity. I've been using the same set-up for about a year now and I'm extremely happy with it.

The XL+ itself is housed in a 6U SKB rack with a Furman power conditioner and a 3U drawer. It's a touch heavier than I wanted originally due to the drawer, but it saves me some hassle of carrying an extra case or two full of cables and other assorted BS so I'm ok with that.

The MFC-101 is on a board I built myself, with two Boss expression pedals (one FV500L and one EV30). I use a Mono PB2 Tour for transportation of the pedal board.

I run the XL+ direct to FoH with a XiTone 1x12 powered wedge (last years version, with the Matrix power amp) for personal monitoring. Sound is great for my band and me. I haven't weighed it, but it honestly feels lighter than the listed weight of ~36 lbs (though maybe that's because it's so much lighter than the PortCity cab I was using before this). Mick from XiTone is great to work with by the way, I definitely recommend getting in touch with him if you need an excellent quality FRFR cab, especially if weight is an issue.

I've been using the CLR neos as well.

I recently got an RCF ART 708 Mk IV and I've used it on a couple gigs. At first I was using it for when space is tight but it holds its own with no caveats. The RCF is ridiculously light - it's like 20lbs. They also do 10, 12, 15 in these.

https://www.rcf.it/en_US/products/product-detail/art-708-a-mk4/210121

I got it in a bundle on Reverb from ProAudioStar for $600 - it included the cover, Mogami gold XLR, Ultimate support stand with case.

https://reverb.com/item/6229993-rcf-art-708-a-mk4-cover-stand-bag-mogami-cable

Back
Top Bottom