Best Live Album Of All Time

Thanks to everyone who shared. I’ve got plenty of listening material from this thread.

So many classic concerts by various bands but for me first thing that came to mind was Metallica Seattle 89. The energy is just off the charts.

If I borrowed Mr. Peabody's WAYBACK MACHINE and counted the times I played all my live albums, I'm pretty sure Yessongs would come out on top. But then, it's also one of the oldest ones. From a somewhat newer time it would be Live From Nowhere In Particular by Joe Bonamassa

How could my senile old brain forget Donald Fagan's New York Rock and Soul Revue Live At The Beacon. Great performances by Boz Skaggs. Michael McDonald and Phoebe Snow included my fav version of At Last. She just kills it. Had no idea she had such pipes since Poetry Man was the only song of hers I knew. A few more special gueat as well. Then of course there's Donald doing his solo and Dan material. The guitarist Drew Zing I believe was his name was on fire. A crime it wasn't filmed. I have seen some really bad quality audience shot clips.

How could my senile old brain forget Donald Fagan's New York Rock and Soul Revue Live At The Beacon. Great performances by Boz Skaggs. Michael McDonald and Phoebe Snow included my fav version of At Last. She just kills it. Had no idea she had such pipes since Poetry Man was the only song of hers I knew. A few more special gueat as well. Then of course there's Donald doing his solo and Dan material. The guitarist Drew Zing I believe was his name was on fire. A crime it wasn't filmed. I have seen some really bad quality audience shot clips.
I seem to recall years ago watching a live performance of the New York Rock and Soul Review on TV...

After listening to Toys, I’d like to throw “Honkin on bobo “ into the mix. It was sort of like Aerosmith said “we don’t have enough new songs, let’s just grab some old standards and make an album”. It rocks, and it’s on dvd!

Best live album of all time... not possible to list. A list of all time epic live recordings I think the thread has done a great job listing them.

Back
Top Bottom