Best headphone monitors

Hi there, there is already a thread flying around about headphone monitors.
if you use the search function you will find a lot of user feedback. Myself, I am using beyerdynamics dt770 with 250 Ohm, they are loud enough powered by the fm3 and surly will be also good for fm9. also you might take a look at the videos from leon todd he is using a peq for headphones after the cabinet to adjust in regards to the fletcher munson curve. Soundwise i am really happy with these Pair of closed back headphones. Off course it is always up to your own taste to find the right headphone monitors that will work for you.

Hi there, there is already a thread flying around about headphone monitors.
if you use the search function you will find a lot of user feedback. Myself, I am using beyerdynamics dt770 with 250 Ohm, they are loud enough powered by the fm3 and surly will be also good for fm9. also you might take a look at the videos from leon todd he is using a peq for headphones after the cabinet to adjust in regards to the fletcher munson curve. Soundwise i am really happy with these Pair of closed back headphones. Off course it is always up to your own taste to find the right headphone monitors that will work for you.
1+ on the beyerdynamics dt770 with 250 Ohm, like them a lot with FM3

Have been using a Beyerdynamics DT770 80 Ohm. Sounds great with my FM3.The only downside, it fits tight on my head.Sometimes causes fatigue in my ears.

Had a pair of AudioTechnica M40X and wanted to try stuff out recently; ended up buying a pair of AKG K612 and a DT880 600 Ohm. After shooting them out I find that I like the DT880 best followed by a tie between the other 2. Eventually, if you use a Global EQ or per-preset EQ block to normalize the frequency response, you're down to how the transients feel, if you prefer open vs closed-back headphones etc. The DT880 are kinda "the goldilocks" - they have very good transients and are semi-open/closed back.
Don't know if that helps or further confuses you but what I want to relay is, you can probably get good quality tone out of a pair of say AudioTechnicas ATH-M40X or M50X with a corrective EQ curve (https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/headphonecom)

I'm not clear how you use this with the Fractal from their diagrams
There is a cable with a TRS connector and a TS connector at one end. On the FM3, you plug the TS into the instrument input and the TRS into your headphone output. The other end of the cable has a special XLR connector which plugs into a small bodypack. You then plug your headphones into the bodypack and the guitar into the bodypack (they give you a small patch cable for this). The end result is a single cable between you and the FM3, allowing you to easily play standing and walk around without having to deal with a extra long headphone cable.

There is a cable with a TRS connector and a TS connector at one end. On the FM3, you plug the TS into the instrument input and the TRS into your headphone output. The other end of the cable has a special XLR connector which plugs into a small bodypack. You then plug your headphones into the bodypack and the guitar into the bodypack (they give you a small patch cable for this). The end result is a single cable between you and the FM3, allowing you to easily play standing and walk around without having to deal with a extra long headphone cable.
Gotcha, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom