Best Factory Preset Ever (all platforms)

fcs101

Axe-Master
Okay, so this isn't a preset posting per se, but I think it fits best here. This is for all of the "factory presets suck!" crowd.

Wow, high praise from someone I consider to be a Helix champion. I've always liked the Wreckers preset. It's on my short list of factory favorites. If you haven't checked it out, you definitely should.

He must spend a lot of time on the FAS units. He gets around the UI pretty fast. I have tried the Wrecks before and tried it again after seeing your post. I found I had a preset that I had already made for the Wreckers. Huge on the bottom with glassy highs. Definitely unique in tone. Super sensitive to touch. My best results were with backing off the volume on my guitar. It has a thing where the notes seem to get smeared and compressed with a shimmering top end. I had kind of crossed the Wrecks off my mental list but it was sounding good this evening.

That opening piece is right in my wheelhouse... I need to check that preset as I never bonded with the Wrecker models.

I watched one of this Guy’s videos a long time ago. His name is Guy. Does a good demo of a Trainwreck. Last night I set the amp up pretty dirty cause it doesn’t really do cleans. It’s all guitar controls from there.

I watched one of this Guy’s videos a long time ago. His name is Guy. Does a good demo of a Trainwreck. Last night I set the amp up pretty dirty cause it doesn’t really do cleans. It’s all guitar controls from there.

That's the sort of guitar+amp combination I enjoy using. For years I relied on a pair of modified (real) blackface Deluxe with a pseudo-switching capability running with a pedal board, then switched to a Mesa Mk IIb and got my feet wet in the early switching world.

Now I treat my tube amps, and the majority of my own presets, like single-channel amps. I rely on Per-Preset overrides for my own use but have some scenes for a friend if he is using the modeler because it seems that flashing lights intimidate him.

The Trainwrecks, the ODS models, plus some others, work really well with the guitar's volume knob and a decent amount of stage volume. Being able to roll up the knob and go from clean to a great distortion is a blast.

Okay, so this isn't a preset posting per se, but I think it fits best here. This is for all of the "factory presets suck!" crowd.

Wow, high praise from someone I consider to be a Helix champion. I've always liked the Wreckers preset. It's on my short list of factory favorites. If you haven't checked it out, you definitely should.

Well that rules me out because I am easily one of the TOP DEFENDERS of the factory presets.......Since forever :)
Always liked the wrecker presets...........

Last edited:
I play the Wrecker model, live, all the time now and it never ceases to put a huge smile on my face. Still trying to find the perfect IRs for it -- I like what I'm using now, but they feel a bit constrained for lack of a better word.

I tried this preset... When I pulled it up it was quite loud and very noisy.

Then I remembered that I didn't think I had ever loaded the updated FW3.0 presets.

That made it a lot better!

There's some cool stuff in there... I did find I needed to roll down the Tone knob on my guitar a fair bit depending on which scene I was in.

Back
Top Bottom