Best Expression Pedal

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into expression pedals and am a total newb. It looks like the Mission pedals are the pedals of choice, but just curious what people thought. Also, there are different types of mission pedals, so is there a particular one I should be getting? I'm mostly looking to use it for Vol or Wah.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on the matter!

Ryan

I have the SP-1 and love it I have it set up to be a volume pedal, but when I click the switch it controls wah. It is not spring loaded and feels like a Dunlop Crybaby. It was pretty painless to setup and works great.

I have the SP-1 and love it I have it set up to be a volume pedal, but when I click the switch it controls wah. It is not spring loaded and feels like a Dunlop Crybaby. It was pretty painless to setup and works great.

I like the idea of multi functionality in 1 pedal.

Best Expression Pedal
Ryan

You have to be careful when asking for or mentioning the "BEST" of anything.
You're libel to start another flame war.

Loopie..

P.S. The Red Missions are the best. They have the most mojo..

I stick with Roland EV5s because they are small and light - and available in at any music store, should you need a quick replacement.

I too like "multi functionality in one pedal". I program that into different patches using my Gordius Little Giant.

So with this db instrument dual expression pedal, you would need to expression pedal ports for this to work correct? And the Axe FX II only has the 1 port on the back. Really I would need the MFC in order to hook it up correctly. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks! Super cool idea for a pedal.

Boss FC500 is my best choice for volume and fx-mix due to its long radius and therefore is easy to finetune. Besides - it's rock solid and cheap. For wah - Mission is #1.

So with this db instrument dual expression pedal, you would need to expression pedal ports for this to work correct? And the Axe FX II only has the 1 port on the back. Really I would need the MFC in order to hook it up correctly. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks! Super cool idea for a pedal.

Yes, you would need two ports for that pedal to work. There are other midi controllers that have two or more ports that you could use if an MFC is not currently in the budget.

I picked up a couple of M Gear EX-P Pedals. They are about $25.00 each. Super light weight, not heavy duty but I'm happy with them for volume, wah, or other expression purposes. I also have a much heavier duty Rocktron Hex pedal, it costs about 6 x as much but the M Gear pedals work just fine for me and have a cord attached. A 3 ft. stereo cord for the Rocktron was almost as much as the whole M Gear Pedal.

Back
Top Bottom