Best DAW for start up integration with AXE FX III, and GGD

Glauben

Just downloaded GGD One Kit Wonder and have an AXE FX III, Scarlett 8i6, Focal Monitors. Searching the the best and easiest DAW to use for integration of Drum VSTs (One Kit Wonder from GGD), Trilogy.

Very little experience for DAW use, but did own Studio One v1 in the past, but not much time to get to play with it (academic pursuits).

Would like to know WHO is using WHAT, and WHY, and good/bad experiences.

TIA.

Since you arent coming from one, it wont really matter what you choose. Your RAM and processor will be the bottleneck, not the daw.

Mac or PC? Budget? Goals?

Ease of use, or work flow, is my primary objective. I just upgraded my old 2012 mac mini to a new mac mini. Not initially into routing multiple drum tracks on a keyboard, but it could happen. Basically, the GGD packs are appealing to create and lay down some tracks.

Ease of use, or work flow, is my primary objective. I just upgraded my old 2012 mac mini to a new mac mini. Not initially into routing multiple drum tracks on a keyboard, but it could happen. Basically, the GGD packs are appealing to create and lay down some tracks.

Should have garageband already loaded then. Give that a spin.

Been trying to get gb going, but GGD is not migrating midi files appropriately to Native Instruments Kontakt. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm lost even before getting into the daw.

Been trying to get gb going, but GGD is not migrating midi files appropriately to Native Instruments Kontakt. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm lost even before getting into the daw.

I didnt run any VST's with GB. Does ggd have to load to NI to run the midi files? I'd expect even GB to run ggd. Look up loading VST's into GB?

I use gb now but will be moving to logic x. Does the ggd readme explain how to load into any vst?

Back
Top Bottom