Best complaint I have ever had!

jkstraw

Inspired
I've always wanted to get in to woodworking and after watching a pro make a couple of 2x12 cabinets for me I decided I had to try it myself......a smaller 1x12 version of my preferred design (open back, baltic birch) - here are the pics:

11 - 1.jpg 11 - 3.jpg 11 - 2.jpg

Well I finally finished it yesterday and it sounds awesome! (I love me some Jerry Garcia and these JBL K-120 really nail it for me!) Of course I also just upgraded my Axe FX II to v. 3.....hmmmm......IR capture anyone?? ;)

I must have told this story half a dozen times today to my various guitar playing friends......spend 2 months dragging my heels fussing over the little details for my first cabinet build -> capture it in the Axe FX within 24 hrs of completing it! :lol

Thanks FAS for the best complaint I have ever made! Love this magical black box! :mrgreen

If anyone is interested here is my favourite of the IRs I captured (sm57, approx. 4.5" from edge of dust cone).

Attachments

• K120_sm57_cone_edge.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 32
Thanks! Will this one work with the first gens? My II won't be here for a while.

I am not 100% sure but I don't think so. But there is a solution (and a really simple one!) :mrgreen

Go to this site: OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic and download the "Axe-0-matic" application. It converts IR .sys files between AXeFX I and AxeFX II and vice versa (and does some other great things too!).

Super small and simple to use. It will take you no time (there are animated screenshots of how you configure the setting in the quick start section).

Have a blast - let me know what you think.

Thanks - I don't run FRFR at the moment, so i won't be able to check it out just yet, but I've got it filed away for later.

Its not working for me. Im going to try and redownload it.

Edit:
Didnt work for me after downloading again.

Last edited:
JK,
You did a great job on the cabinet... very clean, nice joints..

You may want to get some corner protectors to guard your cabinet... Try here: www . partsexpress . com (split this to keep the ad like text from showing) is a local place (Springboro, OH) that has all of that kind of stuff... I buy alot of stuff from them (no affiliation, just customer).

Great work.. keep all your fingers and thumbs!!! (and both eyes..)

Last edited:
Its not working for me. Im going to try and redownload it.

Edit:
Didnt work for me after downloading again.

Hmm - I just tested by downloading and sending it up via AxeEdit (1.0.239) on a windows 7 PC (connected via USB). I didn't run in to any issues. Let me know if you can't get it working. If you PM your email I will try sending it to you directly to rule out uploading corruption.

Back
Top Bottom