Best Axe Edit version for Ultra?

_pete_

I recently got an Ultra (running V11 firmware) and currently using Axe Edit version 1.0.191 which doesn't seem to work quite right.
Is there a "best" Axe Edit version to use with the Ultra?

If you have Bad Cheksums, the problem is not AxeEdit but your Midi interface.

Try another driver or another midi interface

What's up Pete? Good to see you over here.

The midisport should work just about damn near perfect. I do know that I had a problem with one of the m-audio driver versions a while back. I had an old one laying around here somewhere (I had the old yellow box). If you're interested shoot me a PM with your email and I'll see if I can find the disc and send you the file. It's pretty small.

Other than that I would check the cables (which I'm sure you've already done).

Ok...here are the drivers,just select your model and operating system and download.
M-AUDIO - Drivers and Software Search

Install on your PC.
Connect your midi interface to Axefx ,midi outA to Axefx in ,Axefx out to midi inA.
Open axe edit.
select settings,
then midi settings and a smaller grey window appears allowing you to select the midi connections.
In this select midi input as 'midi 2x2 inA'.....output as 'midi 2x2 outA'.
Exit settings and back in axe edit select your source as axefx and connection should happen instantly and away you go.

Last edited:
What's up Pete? Good to see you over here.

The midisport should work just about damn near perfect. I do know that I had a problem with one of the m-audio driver versions a while back. I had an old one laying around here somewhere (I had the old yellow box). If you're interested shoot me a PM with your email and I'll see if I can find the disc and send you the file. It's pretty small.

Other than that I would check the cables (which I'm sure you've already done).

Wassup!

I got the old yellow one too. Cables are new.
It's connected right and everything works fine but those few things I mentioned earlier.
I've got my foot controller merged in there too. I'll pull it out and see if that solves the issues.

I did a gig with the Ultra on New Years and it sounded awesome. Real pleased with it so far.

Thanks so much for the link to a good working copy with my Ultra (v. 11).

I've only had a Axe FX since August so I never had a proper working copy of Axe-Edit. At least I got to master the front pannel. But dayum, working with axe-Edit is a dream. Thanks!

I solved my problem. It was the Digitech Control 2 foot controller.
It has to run through the GSP1101 to translate to MIDI for the Axe. The GSP was also working as a MIDI merger and while it passed along MIDI messages, it would not send Sysex messages.
I just got a Ground Control Pro and hooked it up along with a MIDI Solutions MIDI merger and everything works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom