Best automatic Espresso machine?

It's a fun way to get into all the nerdy stuff like pressure profiling without dropping $5k on something like a Decent D5. Plus it's lightweight and easy to store.

@tysonlt great point about the grinder. It's like having the right pickup or setting the intonation and action on a guitar.

OP if you haven't already James Hoffman has some great coffee content on YouTube.
I knew we could get a guitar reference in there somewhere!!! :tearsofjoy:

I've tried 2 different kinds of fully automatic ones in the past 15 years - the Saeco and Nespresso. Neither one lasted more than 2 years - I went back to a Breville thats not fully automatic and it has lasted almost 10 years and still going strong. Not sure if fully auto ones have improved since then...

Love my Saeco Xelsis EVO
Been using this for 6 - 7 years without a problem we love it this is our second Saeco machine since 2006.

Attachments

• F8278C3F-3C33-4626-81B7-6675484246C4.jpeg
    F8278C3F-3C33-4626-81B7-6675484246C4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
My wife and I love this machine.

Just want to say we have no affiliation with this stuff we just love a good coffee.

Hi @Dpoirier

I don't mind my Delonghi - I'm no expert!
https://www.delonghi.com/en-au/products/events/primadonna/c/primadonna-family

Thanks
Pauly
I was inspired by another thread on favorite coffee.

I'm ready to make the jump from my trusty Moka pot (trusty, but not as good as real Espresso). But I want a fully automatic one - grinds the proper quantity of beans, packs the ground coffee just right, and produces heavenly coffee with crema to die for.

My sister swears by her Breville, but I'm impressed by the Saeco Lirika OTC. Both of these have features that are redundant for me (I don't froth milk, so I don't need a wand or built-in frother, neither do I need a two-boiler unit)... But if it makes the best Espresso, then I'm in. Of course, I have no way to test-taste these two (or any other machine) side by side, so...

Anyone out there have a recommendation? My acquaintances are perfectly satisfied by crap coffee like Starbucks, so I can't rely on them.

Thanks, y'all!

You mu$t.
Hi Dave they are a little pricey for sure we have had really good luck with these machines and we use it every day and really enjoy the coffee it makes.
The fact that it makes any coffee from espresso to lattes to cappuccinos and American is what really sold me. It’s really nice that it does it all for you.:)

I think those Keurig coffee makers are good for the price and make a good coffee.

The Nespresso also makes a good cup of coffee much stronger but I go through probably 4 of the preloaded coffees Every day.

Hi Dave they are a little pricey for sure we have had really good luck with these machines and we use it every day and really enjoy the coffee it makes.
The fact that it makes any coffee from espresso to lattes to cappuccinos and American is what really sold me. It’s really nice that it does it all for you.:)

I think those Keurig coffee makers are good for the price and make a good coffee.

The Nespresso also makes a good cup of coffee much stronger but I go through probably 4 of the preloaded coffees Every day.

I know plenty of people dropping $5-$10/day for coffees out of the house. To me, if you get a few years of use out of it, and if it breaks you of the habit of getting them out, then it's a win. You're just fronting a lot of the cost, that's all.

Also you would be surprised how much the right water is important. Suggest discovering the water aspects, it is as important as a good machine and beans. Just a great filtered water may not be appropriate for pulling espresso or brew shots. Those may always be too sour or too bitter, and this can only be solved with a right water. Google "SCAA water standards".

Also you would be surprised how much the right water is important. Suggest discovering the water aspects, it is as important as a good machine and beans. Just a great filtered water may not be appropriate for pulling espresso or brew shots. Those may always be too sour or too bitter, and this can only be solved with a right water. Google "SCAA water standards".
You are absolutely right about the water that’s why we only use distilled water in our machine. It also keeps scale from forming in the machine and gives a consistently better tasting coffee we also still use a filter in the machine.

We looked at one in Atlanta and it made a good coffee it was in the running but I liked the saeco better. And they are definitely pricey. But a good machine none the less.

Back
Top Bottom