"Best" amp (or FRFR) for AX8 live/ gig

Thanks very much Kernel. How do you plan on using yours? Live gigs? Will/ do you plug straight in and use that as your ‘amp’/‘guitar speaker’?
Cheers
Lee

You're welcome. Yes I'll use it (already used in a small live) live as my "amp" (straight from my ax8).

Bloody wonderful - great to know Kernel. Thanks so much.... gonna start looking into those FRFRs you mention. And you say g66 sell them?

The dB technologies Flexsys monitors are well worth a look, they are very much under the radar of most people. I just picked up 2 FM8’s and gigged them for the first time this past weekend with my AX8. They sounded fantastic.

KennedyDream.... thanks very much for the response. It’s great that so many Factalers take the time and trouble to share their thoughts and experiences. So do you just plug in and play with those like you would with your guitar/ tube amp?
Oh, who stocks the Flexsys?
Kernel: thanks again for your recommendation - gonna have a good look and listen when I finish work tonight.

Great to hear Milan67.... appreciate your time and thoughts.
Do you use the Yamaha as your live/ gig guitar “speaker/amp” - plugged in straight from your guitar and AX8?
Thanks
Lee

KennedyDream.... thanks very much for the response. It’s great that so many Factalers take the time and trouble to share their thoughts and experiences. So do you just plug in and play with those like you would with your guitar/ tube amp?
Oh, who stocks the Flexsys?
Kernel: thanks again for your recommendation - gonna have a good look and listen when I finish work tonight.
I dialled up my presets at home using my studio monitors, these translated really well to the DB Flexsys speakers. I run direct to our FOH mixer then take a stereo monitor feed from our mixer to the Flexsys speakers, so I can get a mix of the full band coming back at me. Alternatively you could plug directly into the Flexsys speakers from the AX8 and use them as backline like a conventional valve amp. It’s entirely up to yourself how you would use them.

I bought my speakers second hand. But I see Thomann stock them in Germany.

KennedyDream.... thanks for the info sir. 24 hours ago I knew nothing (really) about the AX8 with FRFR etc., but thanks to this forum - and you guys - I feel i’m learning heaps. Thank you.

Straight from AX8 output to DXR Input via XLR ... I do not play live, just in the apartment and use it as an "amp" ... In Europe it is difficult to get a CLR, or Xitone, then I have read a lot of good from the DXR 10, and it is relatively cheap too. I am very satisfied with the Yamaha DXR10

I have Yamaha DRX 12ps, and EV ZLX12ps. Neither match the HeadRush 12 FRFR. I originally brought a used one as a floor monitor, now I have a new one used just with the AX8. In addition I run my electric acoustic (through LR Baggs Anthem and Venue DI) through it, and now all my computerized virtual instruments through it via Focusrite 6i6. For the price it's hard to beat.

Hey Hugh Jago, thanks for the intel.... will also have a look at/ listen to the Headrush. I’m starting to lean towards the Atomic CLR Mkii Neo - and have heard good things about the Dynacord AXM-12 - but haven’t ruled out anything yet.... so thank you.

Thanks Merlin... i’m Defo thinking it’s between those two. Anderton’s website says they order from their supplier and it can take about 30 days. I’m currently working away in Spain until end of July, so Anderton’s could still work for me. Cheers

Thanks Merlin... i’m Defo thinking it’s between those two. Anderton’s website says they order from their supplier and it can take about 30 days. I’m currently working away in Spain until end of July, so Anderton’s could still work for me. Cheers

Richtone Music in the UK have an AXM12a in their pre-owned section. Might be worth a look ;)
Sorry it won't allow me to post the link as I'm relatively new here.

Hi all,

I'm an FX8 owner and love the lay-out (in fact the whole unit) and am about to purchase a new AX8. Yes, I know the AX8 has been discontinued and the FM3 is on the horizon, but I'm still feeling a LOT of love on the forum for the AX8. Plus I'd rather wait and hear some solid reviews/ watch some good vids before I even consider the FM3.
My big question - and, yes, I know I'm potentially opening a very subjective can of worms - is: what is/ are the best suggested amps (or FRFR ?) to use with the AX8 in a live, gigging situation? I've been blown away by some of the amp models etc., I've heard from the AX8.... BUT, surely if I use it with an amp (even an ultra clean Fender tube amp) the amp models will be coloured/ affected by the Fender? Then I started to read up on the FRFR alternative (I'm leaning towards a Dynacord AMX-12A) but am hearing very mixed reviews about FRFR... as one would expect, I guess.
Any suggestions, pointers would be HUGELY appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
I’m loving the headrush as an frfr. Works well for me!

Back
Top Bottom