IMG_7407.jpg

IMG_7417.jpg

Clips:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2183128/Vik_SL8_Clip1_July9.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2183128/Vik_SL8_Clip2_July9.mp3

Specs:
  • 22 frets, 682mm, 26,85"
  • Honduran mahogany and ash body
  • ISNC Set-in bubinga/rosewood/bird's eye maple neck with “traditional” headstock 8
  • Rosewood/ fretless Ebony fingerboard with compound radius
  • German fretwire
  • Hipshot 8 hardtail bridge
  • Gotoh SGL510Z tuners with plastic buttons, 21:1 gear ratio
  • SD Blackouts 8 pickups
  • Gotoh battery box
  • 3 way Toggle switch
  • Black MOP “Lotus” inlay
  • Ebony bindings around neck
  • Oil/wax neck finish
  • Nitro-cellulouse high gloss black front and natural satin back body finish

Had this for a couple of months now and it’s definitely one of the best guitars I’ve ever owned, and that’s been quite a fucking few! Plus Vik is an awesome guy, great to work with all the way, doing a custom 7 Duality with him as well. Check em out at: ViK Guitars - Home

I loved his designs right off the bat, the lines are clean and symmetrical, and everything works ergonomically. The attention to detail is insane for a hand built instrument; everything is super tight and high quality. As soon as I gave it a strum I noticed the resonance all over the neck and man the sustain - it was like having a built in compressor or something, the notes will ring out as long as you wish.

Plugged in it sounds huge and growls, very cutting mids and very nice and tight low end. The fretless was immediately inspiring, I had a bunch of ideas start coming out and got used to it very quickly. Another fine detail is the slight taper and rounding of where the fretless board meets the fretted to make bending and vibrato on the low string seamless. It came with SD Blackouts for electronics which I didn’t love, they are good for some things and insanely high output but I popped in an 808x which I prefer.

Back
Top Bottom