Behringer FCB1010 Power Supply

philclcc

Hi,
I recently bought this controller off eBay and didn't read the description properly. It has arrived and I've realised it's an american one and I am in the UK. The person that sold it sent a transformer with it but it's massive, and I wanted to get a longer cable for it and hopefully remove the need for the transformer.

My question is, if I get a normal UK power cable will it blow up this board since the voltage is different?

I realise this has nothing to do with the axe-fx but for some reason I can't access the yahoo group.

Thanks

Phil

The spec's in the owner's manual state 120V/60Hz for the USA/Canada model. A voltage rating of 120/230V~, 50-60Hz is specified only for the General export model. Therefore, I would assume that if you have the USA model you would likely blow it up if you try to plug into UK power.

steverosburg said:
The spec's in the owner's manual state 120V/60Hz for the USA/Canada model. A voltage rating of 120/230V~, 50-60Hz is specified only for the General export model. Therefore, I would assume that if you have the USA model you would likely blow it up if you try to plug into UK power.

Thanks but nuts...

You can do the Phantom Power mod, just use a UK compatible 10VAC "brick/wallwart" adapter.

http://www.naslada.net/knowhow/fcb1010/ ... daptor.pdf

In use, your 10V adapter mounts in your rack and you can mount the MIDI adapter jacks wherever convenient. I'd probably just use a male plug on one end and leave it connected to the MIDI IN of the Axe, then mount a female jack to a small plate in the back of the rack. Then you don't need an AC cable, just plug your MIDI cable to your new jack and the other end to FCB's MIDI OUT.

Back
Top Bottom