beginner mistake

i think functionality of Undo/Redo is missing anyway in FM9edit during editing, snapshots are for preset backup before editing. Undo /Redo is good during editing preset to quickly return to previous setting or redo previous, e.g. i dont remember what value it was, but it sounded better 3 changes before. Or i placed wrong shunt, or any component. click on undo will remove/clean it back, i dont need to click on it, press delete, or right click and delete....etc. i still see a lot of benefits if implemented....

i think functionality of Undo/Redo is missing anyway in FM9edit during editing, snapshots are for preset backup before editing. Undo /Redo is good during editing preset to quickly return to previous setting or redo previous, e.g. i dont remember what value it was, but it sounded better 3 changes before. Or i placed wrong shunt, or any component. click on undo will remove/clean it back, i dont need to click on it, press delete, or right click and delete....etc. i still see a lot of benefits if implemented....
I agree wholeheartedly.

The Snapshot tool is the Fractal equivalent of infinite undo/redo and revision control depending on how you use it. Assuming it’s for preset backup before editing only misses how powerful it is.

If a snapshot is taken immediately after loading a preset then used after every change, it’s possible to jump from each change, forward and backward, skipping or stepping through intermediate steps. You can go from the first saved starting point to the last in a single click and return, which undo/redo cannot.

And, by revealing the snapshot folder, you have access to the intermediate save-states and can copy or move them as templates or other presets.

Back
Top Bottom