Before I pull the trigger...

And I just bought the FM3 Mk II Turbo! I was finally able to come across a nice bit of money and finally it was in stock long enough for me to buy it, i'm so excited!
Congrats, you are going to love that unit! As for the foot controller, it will happen. You can go with a much less expensive solution than the Fractal controllers. There are plenty of foot controllers out there for a fraction of the cost that will do a lot of what you will want!!

Congrats, you are going to love that unit! As for the foot controller, it will happen. You can go with a much less expensive solution than the Fractal controllers. There are plenty of foot controllers out there for a fraction of the cost that will do a lot of what you will want!!
i'm curious what would be a good "bang for buck" midi foot controller?

Well, that in large part depends on what kind of "bang" you are looking for. What I was referring to is, rather than $550 for a FC-6 or $750 for an FC-12 (which is what I have), you can get some very adequate stuff for half those prices. I don't yet own one, but I will eventuall pay around $700-$1000 for a higher end controller that can do most of what my FC-12 can do and many things that it can not. I have heard good things about Voes, RJM (master mind) and morning star, but those are more middle to high end of that market. There are plenty of less expensive items from Roland, Behringer and others that can take on many foot switching tasks for $200-300. Search this forum and the web, LOTS of coverage on this topic available.

Well, that in large part depends on what kind of "bang" you are looking for. What I was referring to is, rather than $550 for a FC-6 or $750 for an FC-12 (which is what I have), you can get some very adequate stuff for half those prices. I don't yet own one, but I will eventuall pay around $700-$1000 for a higher end controller that can do most of what my FC-12 can do and many things that it can not. I have heard good things about Voes, RJM (master mind) and morning star, but those are more middle to high end of that market. There are plenty of less expensive items from Roland, Behringer and others that can take on many foot switching tasks for $200-300. Search this forum and the web, LOTS of coverage on this topic available.
i'll look more into that, I have to sleep now and dream on my incoming FM3

Wow! The Voes MX-18 really looks like the best bang for buck, i'll keep my eye on that one!

Don’t get too hung up on adding an additional foot controller, you may find that the three switches are enough once you learn how to really get the most out of them.
Yeah perhaps, I'll know more in time, I'm sure I'll love it for now without a foot controller

Don’t get too hung up on adding an additional foot controller, you may find that the three switches are enough once you learn how to really get the most out of them.
Agreed. It really depends on your preset needs. When I had my FM3, I had a FC6 with it, and I came to realize everything I needed could be done from the FM3 w/o the FC6. Granted, I was using it for a project with very minimal needs: Rhy/Lead/FX/tuner/bypass, but it was great with just the FM3.

Agreed. It really depends on your preset needs. When I had my FM3, I had a FC6 with it, and I came to realize everything I needed could be done from the FM3 w/o the FC6. Granted, I was using it for a project with very minimal needs: Rhy/Lead/FX/tuner/bypass, but it was great with just the FM3.
I'm sure in time I'll want more presets i can quickly access since i would want to make non standard sounds, but for now I'll just learn more basic stuff since I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to playing guitar

Back
Top Bottom