FM3 Because of a Photograph - smooth jazz with a latin twist

Mats Nermark

Inspired
I have always had a soft spot for smooth jazz with a latin twist.
This comes from may assorted influences, one of the first of them being Lee Ritenour.
I tried to get the combined feel of Los Angeles and South America and I had a lot of fun doing so.

Guitar: Collings City Limits with Throbak pickups into a Fractal Audio FM3.
Bass: Sire V7 straight into my PreSonus audio I/F.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Cheers,

Mats N

This is meant to be a positive comment. I actually listened to this last night about 2:00am and it must have sent me right into dreamland. I came here today and was wondering why I didn’t comment. Then it came to me that I was groov’n away last night and that was all she wrote.😉

Great sound and playing as usual. Also, the horns are mixed just right. You captured that vibe perfectly.

This is meant to be a positive comment. I actually listened to this last night about 2:00am and it must have sent me right into dreamland. I came here today and was wondering why I didn’t comment. Then it came to me that I was groov’n away last night and that was all she wrote.😉

Great sound and playing as usual. Also, the horns are mixed just right. You captured that vibe perfectly.
And indeed appreciated as one!
I'm very glad you liked the horns in the mix. I spent a lot of time on getting them there.

Cheers,

Mats N

I recently discovered someone currently in the Orlando, FL area who I really think is going to help carry the torch of a sub-genre of this type music of music forward... namely in the spirit of Jobim and many of the other Bossa Nova greats. You might enjoy to keep an eye on this one...

This actually begins at about 11 minutes in.

Back
Top Bottom