Battlestar Galactica - Pegasus

Tanax

Inspired
Recorded this just now. I know I'm out of tempo-sync.
Regardless, I'm trying to perfect the preset for this song.

Any input? :) Any feedback, comments about the clip is appreciated!

Personally I think the sound is a bit too .. harsh? In the real song it's more soft-sounding - except I have no idea how to accomplish that really XD

Last edited:
Hi Tanax,

it's quite close to the "original" sound of the BSG-Soundtrack (IMHO all of Bear McCreary's BSG-Soundtracks are superior in composition and sound, I love them all) If it sounds too harsh for you, just try another mic/speaker combo (the FF from Jay Mitchell do a good job)

By the way, it's cool to hear the Pegasus-theme "solo". The Pegasus-Theme has something that reminds me on the mood of "Bladerunner" (only the mood, not the composition).

Good Job, IMHO. So say we all ;-)

Andy from Red Bull Country

Hi Tanax,

it's quite close to the "original" sound of the BSG-Soundtrack (IMHO all of Bear McCreary's BSG-Soundtracks are superior in composition and sound, I love them all) If it sounds too harsh for you, just try another mic/speaker combo (the FF from Jay Mitchell do a good job)

By the way, it's cool to hear the Pegasus-theme "solo". The Pegasus-Theme has something that reminds me on the mood of "Bladerunner" (only the mood, not the composition).

Good Job, IMHO. So say we all ;-)

Andy from Red Bull Country

The admiral was hot! :shock Nice job man!

Thanks guys :)! I will try with another mic/speaker combo. Is there also perhaps some setting on the actual amp/cab that I could have use of to make the sound softer and more.. dream-like? :)

Haha, indeed she was! Although, IMO her evilness kinda put me off. The cylon's evilness on the other hand, I can live with.. ;D
So say we all! ;)

Cool idea. How are you running the effects? Series or parallel?
Good frakking job so far.

I was in a band for a while called Battlestar Galactica and loved the show so appreciated your effort and thread. I am not intimately familiar with the piece so from a sonic perspective I cannot comment but enjoyed the trip down memory lane and will see if Spotify has it so I can give it a listen next time in the car.

Cool idea. How are you running the effects? Series or parallel?
Good frakking job so far.

I'm running them in a series :) Should I change that perhaps? :eek:
Haha :D Of course, when using a Frakktal Audio Axe-FX2, you can't go wrong ^_^

I was in a band for a while called Battlestar Galactica and loved the show so appreciated your effort and thread. I am not intimately familiar with the piece so from a sonic perspective I cannot comment but enjoyed the trip down memory lane and will see if Spotify has it so I can give it a listen next time in the car.

No really? That's awesome man! IMO it's the best TV-series that has ever aired, like.. seriously.
I don't know if it exists on Spotify(I hate Spotify and despise it and left it as soon as they made Facebook-connection non-optional) but I do know it exists on YouTube so check it out there if you don't find it on Spotify! :)

Back
Top Bottom