Batch Export to CSV?

MusicMaker

I see this talked about in several places but doesn't look like you can export patches to CSV in batch? Also see mention of it with Fractool but maybe just a wishlist item?

Checking to make sure I am not missing it somewhere as it could really save me some time. I use the CSV to compare tweaks over time on presets - I play live quite a bit and do a bunch of re-arranging and on the fly edits.

If someone else has suggestions on how to manage these kind of changes and compare settings between various presets without using CSV and a compare tool then I would be interested in hearing about that as well :)

Thanks!

Version 2.31 is available :
- Handles Q5
- Adds batch Save as CSV/PDF/HTML/XML in preset bank window
- Fixes the AxeChange click bugs

Thanks Ian. I see the batch save as CSV in the FracTool but I can't figure out how to do it. I do see the "Export as CSV" button in the CabList but that exports the preset overviews, not the actual contents of each preset. For an individual preset once called up I can see how to export that individually as well, just not as a batch operation. Am I missing something or simply misreading the quoted functionality above?

I would be happy with this functionality in either FractTool or AxeEdit. My thought with AxeEdit is the code is already written for both save as batch (to .syx) and separately for export single CSV. Adding a menu option to save as batch CSV should therefore be nearly free.

Thanks Ian. I see the batch save as CSV in the FracTool but I can't figure out how to do it. I do see the "Export as CSV" button in the CabList but that exports the preset overviews, not the actual contents of each preset. For an individual preset once called up I can see how to export that individually as well, just not as a batch operation. Am I missing something or simply misreading the quoted functionality above?
I'm not familiar enough with FracTool to know, sorry. But maybe @AlGrenadine can tell you?

Not in front of computer/axe at the moment, but I believe when you have FracTool open, and you're connected on to the AFX, you can right click on the AxeFx icon in the main program window and there's an option to list the presets from your device. From there you can go to the bank menu and chose "Export to CSV".

If you have a recent backup of your banks from FractalBot you can just drag the .syx file onto the magnifying glass icon in the main window (whether you're connected to the AFX or not) and you'll get the bank list window. From there select the export to csv option in the bank menu. Works great, I use the feature a lot.

I was trying to batch export directly from AxeFx or AX8 but couldn't figure it out. The batch export / convert to CSV from an existing .SYX backup though works fine and fits my needs. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I was trying to batch export directly from AxeFx or AX8 but couldn't figure it out. The batch export / convert to CSV from an existing .SYX backup though works fine and fits my needs. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
In order to batch export from a machine to another, create a bank file with all the presets you wanna translate. (can be done in fractool)
Then save the bank file in the new format. Done

I would be happy with this functionality in either FractTool or AxeEdit. My thought with AxeEdit is the code is already written for both save as batch (to .syx) and separately for export single CSV. Adding a menu option to save as batch CSV should therefore be nearly free.
"Adds batch Save as CSV/PDF/HTML/XML in preset bank window"
So not related to cabs, why do you talk about the cablist ? the cablist can aslo be exported as cvs but that's 2 different things

Back
Top Bottom