Bass Players!

KorRay

I have an Ampeg SVT4-Pro and I'm wanting to use it as a power amp to power the 8x10 and use the XL+ for the preamp. Just like I do when I'm playing the guitar. My question is this: Is there anyone here that has or uses that amp and does the effects loop on it work like a guitar amps effects loop does? Meaning I can take the output of the Axe into the FX return of the Ampeg? The reason I'm asking is because I've tried this and it didn't work. I'm wondering if the FX loop return is not like it is on my Dual Rec or if my FX loop is toasted and I need to get my head repaired. Any and all information is and will be greatly appreciated!

I dont have an Ampeg SVT4-Pro, but it should work. Are you getting some noise\hiss from the FX loop? Depends on the amp you might get some noise going into the loop.

I dont have an Ampeg SVT4-Pro, but it should work. Are you getting some noise\hiss from the FX loop? Depends on the amp you might get some noise going into the loop.
No noise. No hiss. No anything. Its acting like the hardest gated gate known to all the noise gate land.

Gday koray
Not trying to be a smarty, but there's 2 things that sprint to mind;
1/ the effects bypass switch - have you checked its status? If it's enabled, your effects loop will not work.
2/ have you tried plugging the axe fx into the power amp input instead of the effects loop? That may give you exactly what you're after
Hth
Pauly

I have an Ampeg SVT4-Pro and I'm wanting to use it as a power amp to power the 8x10 and use the XL+ for the preamp. Just like I do when I'm playing the guitar. My question is this: Is there anyone here that has or uses that amp and does the effects loop on it work like a guitar amps effects loop does? Meaning I can take the output of the Axe into the FX return of the Ampeg? The reason I'm asking is because I've tried this and it didn't work. I'm wondering if the FX loop return is not like it is on my Dual Rec or if my FX loop is toasted and I need to get my head repaired. Any and all information is and will be greatly appreciated!
Gday

No noise. No hiss. No anything. Its acting like the hardest gated gate known to all the noise gate land.

Something is screwed up with your setup. Like Pauly mentioned, I would run the Axe into the power amp\ front input, etc and try to figure out if its something simple like a bad cable. Can you plug in a delay\chorus pedal into the Ampeg loop and see it that works?

It's in the manual and you should be able to do what you're trying to do. There are actually TWO preamp inputs (one for each channel A and B). Here's a link to the owner's manual in case you aren't referring to it with this scheme. It should work fine and sound great.

http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVT4PRO_OM.pdf

FYI, use the [edit: POWER AMP] inputs on the back, not the effects loop return.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom