bass patches???

can someone post some bass patches? im just curious how people do it with the ultra

for what usage? recording? live performance? using full range speakers, or in conjunction with a traditional bass amp?

for recording or live full range use, start with the SV Bass (SVT) model into the 8 x 10 cabinet. This cabinet IR can be a bit "scooped" in the midrange. For a more "full" or vintage vibe with less top end, the 15" bass cab works fine. Settings to consider with the SVT amp model: Boost switch ON; less pre gain and more master volume gain for fatter amp distortion; more SAG for a squishier feel; less SAG and more Damp for a tighter, less compressed feel.

other tools: compressor, first in the signal chain, studio, default settings, mix at noon (50%); blend a parallel signal path that is unprocessed to mix with the amp/cabinet signal path - this gives you access to the widest range of frequencies (sub lows to crisp highs).

a lot depends on the tone you are looking for, and how you want it to sit in the mix. A lot also depends on the player and the instrument used.

true, there are not a lot of bass presets to choose from, but if you scour the forum you should find some.

hmm ill start off playing with what you just gave me. i may need to let the bassist use my axe fx for the next gig because his amp is in the shop. so we are probably jsut going to take the ultra and go straight to the pa. should i just follow the same steps?

hmm ill start off playing with what you just gave me. i may need to let the bassist use my axe fx for the next gig because his amp is in the shop. so we are probably jsut going to take the ultra and go straight to the pa. should i just follow the same steps?

Umm...sure, I guess. What kind of music/style are you playing? If you have time and access to a PA system - one that you can crank up LOUD and has a full range comparable to the one that you are using at your gig, then I'd spend a couple hours going direct and playing with the sound. Metal is different than pop is different than jazz/fushion in terms of tone and context, so it all matters. If you try to create these presets at low volume at bedroom levels or with headphones, you'll probably not be happy, whether your going for guitar tones or bass tones.... a lil mo info?

Back
Top Bottom