Bass and guitar at one time?

Gibson mislabeled this guitar an EDS-1275. It’s a one off they released a few weeks ago on the mod shop. I asked Tom Murphy himself (found myself on a three-way conference call with him out of nowhere, long story short) and he confirmed they will not custom build this whatsoever. I suppose if you are a bonafide performing star, that would be an exception. I am not sure yet how it works. It seems it might even need a switch to go from bass to guitar. I plan on redoing the wiring and adding a second output where the tone knob is (no routing or damage to guitar) and running them simultaneously if my assumption is correct.

No need for two jacks and two cables. I would rewire it as two independent guitars ending at one TRS jack (left output for guitar and right output for bass). Wire one selector to select between the guitar pickups, and the other to select between the bass pickups.

Use a TRS to left and right splitter cable as your main guitar cable and use two inputs on the Axe III. Then, using a foot controller, you can then use the Axe's grid to use presets or scenes to switch between guitar or bass or both.

Keeping the two signals independent will help a lot when not playing one of the necks because if it's all summed to one jack, there will be a lot of unwanted ring coming through from the unused neck when the other is being played through any overdrive or high gain.

Back
Top Bottom