Barefoot Buttons

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I posted a link to this company's website awhile back. I wound up getting three black Barefoot Buttons to cover the silver F1, F2 and F3 buttons on my FX8. For some reason, after I put on the dual window Kick Tags, I would often get confused as to whether it was the FX8 foot switch on the left of the Kick Tag or the right that was appropriate. I didn't seem to have this problem with the single window ones. I know this sounds ridiculous and I swear I'm an intelligent human being. But now there are 8 Kick Tags and 8 silver foot switches and it's much easier when quickly looking down to tell which FX8 foot switch I need to step on.

The barefoot Buttons are actually awesome (very substantial landing zone) and I'd love to get silver ones for the 1-8 foot switches, but they are a little big and cover part of the on/off light and some text as well. They are supposed to come out with smaller ones but I'm not sure by when.

BB1.jpg BB2.jpg BB3.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the centered layout between the switches is slightly ambiguous. The number tile could be left aligned closer to the switch to make it more visually obvious at a glance. MFC has a bit more room, so the label tiles go under the switch on those.

maybe the trick would be to get the lettering or background of the labels different colors and get the bare foot buttons to match. then it would be color coded not silver button in between tags.

First world country problems!!!

These barefoot buttons are nice but it's too expensive for what they are, a piece of metal!
$11.50 CAD for a piece of metal!!!

First world country problems!!!

These barefoot buttons are nice but it's too expensive for what they are, a piece of metal!
$11.50 CAD for a piece of metal!!!

What subjects on this Forum are not, as you point out, "first world country problems?" Not really sure I understand the purpose of your post. If you break most things down to cost of their basic elements, they are expensive. My guitars are quite pricey considering they're just wood and metal.

These buttons improve the overall ease of use of the FX8 for me. They're aesthetically pleasing, well made and beyond my capability to manufacture. Sorry if you feel they're a waste of money.

What subjects on this Forum are not, as you point out, "first world country problems?" Not really sure I understand the purpose of your post. If you break most things down to cost of their basic elements, they are expensive. My guitars are quite pricey considering they're just wood and metal.

These buttons improve the overall ease of use of the FX8 for me. They're aesthetically pleasing, well made and beyond my capability to manufacture. Sorry if you feel they're a waste of money.
Sorry, i didn't mean to offend. I was just stating how i felt at the moment i read the thread. How our problems with a little thing about our gears while on the other side of our earth, philippines, families houses got flooded and they have no food or water to drink. That was all. Again, i didn't mean to offend.
I am sure the barefoot buttons are very nice to use and they sure do make the fx8/ax8 look really awesome. specially the kicktags, which i do own too, is as you say "aesthetically pleasing". At the price they put it as, i just cannot afford to buy a set for mine.
Once again, i did not mean to offend by my statement.

Sorry, i didn't mean to offend. I was just stating how i felt at the moment i read the thread. How our problems with a little thing about our gears while on the other side of our earth, philippines, families houses got flooded and they have no food or water to drink. That was all. Again, i didn't mean to offend.
I am sure the barefoot buttons are very nice to use and they sure do make the fx8/ax8 look really awesome. specially the kicktags, which i do own too, is as you say "aesthetically pleasing". At the price they put it as, i just cannot afford to buy a set for mine.
Once again, i did not mean to offend by my statement.

No worries...sorry I took it so personally. There is definite truth to the things that we 'worry' about compared to what others around the world need to deal with.

As for functionality, the buttons really do help. Now, I can hit the foot switches even if I'm a bit off angle. I do have a set of eight of the clear acrylic which you are more than welcome to have if you're interested. I'm not going to use them, as I prefer the silver. If you're outside the US, you'd just have to pay the postage.

Let me know.

Peace,

Jonathan

which version fits the fx8?
will either work as version 2 is just smaller?
the Tallboy could be cool for the top row; v2 for the bottom row (?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom