Barefaced cab IRs

savaitti

Hi,

I just got my Barefaced Reformer 112 cab, and I like it very much with my Mad Professor CS-40 head. It works fine also with the Axe III and GSS Baby Sumo as a power amp, but there's just some magic with the Mad Professor amp (maybe Fractal should model one...). The cab is quite loud and, as they advertise, not beamy, which I like a lot.

I ordered it with Celestion A-type speaker (as I usually hate Vintage 30's) and also got an Eminence GA-CS64 (as it is the speaker Björn Juhl raves about). As I was comparing the speakers, I decided to shoot some IR's, too. So, here's a link to them, if you'd like to try them.

Edit: removed the link

Actually I decided to shoot all my cabs while I was at it: the Barefaced 112, a Mad Professor Porter 112 and Bogner OS 212 open back with Celestion G12-65's. I used a Royer 121 and Avalon V5 to the Axe III and the Baby Sumo as a power amp. The IR's are auto trimmed by CabLab 3, with no Min Phase. The mic was placed straight about 25 cm in front of the grille of each cab. The "0" means the center of the speaker and then I moved the mic in about 2 cm intervals towards the edge of the cone, which is the "8". Numbers 4-6 sound very much like the cab in the room, IMO. The room is not treated, so these are not studio grade IR's by any means. But tell me what you think.

Cheers,

Samppa

Last edited:
I have the Reformer with v30, i may try some different speakers but pretty good as is, look forward to comparing, thanks 4 Sharing

Last edited:
Hi,

I just got my Barefaced Reformer 112 cab, and I like it very much with my Mad Professor CS-40 head. It works fine also with the Axe III and GSS Baby Sumo as a power amp, but there's just some magic with the Mad Professor amp (maybe Fractal should model one...). The cab is quite loud and, as they advertise, not beamy, which I like a lot.

I ordered it with Celestion A-type speaker (as I usually hate Vintage 30's) and also got an Eminence GA-CS64 (as it is the speaker Björn Juhl raves about). As I was comparing the speakers, I decided to shoot some IR's, too. So, here's a link to them, if you'd like to try them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/scu7zewl4frio1a/AACmSX81Iwlm_titzfII7NaUa?dl=0

Actually I decided to shoot all my cabs while I was at it: the Barefaced 112, a Mad Professor Porter 112 and Bogner OS 212 open back with Celestion G12-65's. I used a Royer 121 and Avalon V5 to the Axe III and the Baby Sumo as a power amp. The IR's are auto trimmed by CabLab 3, with no Min Phase. The mic was placed straight about 25 cm in front of the grille of each cab. The "0" means the center of the speaker and then I moved the mic in about 2 cm intervals towards the edge of the cone, which is the "8". Numbers 4-6 sound very much like the cab in the room, IMO. The room is not treated, so these are not studio grade IR's by any means. But tell me what you think.

Cheers,

Samppa
that is a helluva way to make an entrance - cudos! looking fwd to giving these a shot. thank you very much!

Hi, glad you like it, @mistermikev! The Barefaced cab really shines with clean sounds in the room. As an IR it just sounds like a regular cab, I think.
didn't meant to suggest I didn't like the others... you did a good job. I'm just really partial to that G12-65 speaker across lots of cabs. It seems like it's bright and dark at the sm time if that makes any sense. thank you again for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom