Barefaced Audio

cje

Inspired
Does anyone have any experience with or thoughts on this company? They've just released an amp module for all their cabinets (they offer solutions in the FRFR space), and their YouTube videos have always made consider them as a contender:

https://barefacedaudio.com/

Initial impressions are that this looks very, very cool. According to Barefaced the amp module only weighs 1.5 lbs, which handily makes their FRFRs some of the lightest weight on the market... by a lot.

Example: their Upsetter 110 is a 1 x 10 that, with the amp module, would weigh 14.5 lbs (!!!). If they actually sound good in person that is ABSURD. Their 1x12 Reality speaker is 23lbs with the amp module.

I’ll probably be joining you soon. They’re gonna sound awesome! Curious, why get two active cabs instead of one active cab with the stereo amp and one passive cab?

After a lot of back and forth with Alex at Barefaced, I've placed my order, a single Reality 112FR with the stereo Activier amp module. The wait begins!

I had extensive conversations with Alex where we reviewed design, features and options. We also dove into my current rig and I took measurements at 1m and 2m so he knew about how loud I play. We went into musical styles and some cab/speaker science.

I'd encourage anyone to watch some of the Barefaced videos on YouTube. There's some good info there. There is not too much, though, on the 112FR and Activier at the moment, but it's worth finding videos on their cabinet design. I am lookin forward to seeing how sound fills the room in a more omnidirectional manner.

I'll be happy to report back along with MJS68 once I've received it!

Back
Top Bottom