Bare Knuckle PUP's in a custom 22

scruffydoo

Inspired
Anybody done this swap and what was your experiences... or indeed of BK's in any guitar, I'm thinking a set of nailbombs might be the way to go, basically I want to thicken up a fairly thin bridge, could live with the original PRS neck though.

I have a set of Nailbomb 7 string one on my Schecter Loomis 7. It has an Ash body, and the nailbomb seemed to have a decent amount of mids in it, a lot of bite too. Playing chords tend to give this slight "wah" to the sound. Overall its a darn good set of pickups, really dynamic and the difference was day and night as compared to the stock EMG707s in it. Really like the pickup for playing downed tuned 7 string stuff as the mids (from the pickups) + the inherent brightness of the ash body make the low chugs sound really fat.

I have a set of the rebel yells in my EBMM JP6 and love it. Like a suped up PAF is how it has been described. It brightened things up for me and is tighter as well compared to my older crunchlab/liquifire combo.

Anybody done this swap and what was your experiences... or indeed of BK's in any guitar, I'm thinking a set of nailbombs might be the way to go, basically I want to thicken up a fairly thin bridge, could live with the original PRS neck though.

HFS in the bridge, as thick as you'll need. The pic of the guitar in my Avatar has one in it and it's a custom 22.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom