Banking up and down pre sets?

Set your Bank size to 3 in the FC Config screen and then use Bank Increment and Decrement switches to change banks.
I am showing 3 pre sets so it must be set to 3 right?

Heres the important clarification,... what are the 'Bank increment and Decrement switches??? image please?

Heres the important clarification,... what are the 'Bank increment and Decrement switches??? image please?
I only have my fm9 hooked atm. But the OMG9 or whatever laytouts scheme puts them in for you (with the FM9). I think the FM3 ONLY by Patzag does the same. You can always undo the it if you don't like it.
For my FM3 it was the only way to go.
This the FM9. with the Patzag FM 3only setup you will see them easily. Just make a backup of your setup n case you don't like it.
Of course you can also just setup your own switches to do this, but I think his setup is great. inc\dec is just like making a footswitch select an effect, except you select bank
inc\dec
Didn't realize my FM9 was so dusty-it's dark in my home studio :) FM3 Only
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...w-to-use-the-3-switches-by-themselves.161070/

Attachments

• 20231103_185730.jpg
    20231103_185730.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I only have my fm9 hooked atm. But the OMG9 or whatever laytouts scheme puts them in for you (with the FM9). I think the FM3 ONLY by Patzag does the same. You can always undo the it if you don't like it.
For my FM3 it was the only way to go.
This the FM9. with the Patzag FM 3only setup you will see them easily. Just make a backup of your setup n case you don't like it.
Of course you can also just setup your own switches to do this, but I think his setup is great. inc\dec is just like making a footswitch select an effect, except you select bank
inc\dec
Didn't realize my FM9 was so dusty-it's dark in my home studio :)
Buddy thank you for chiming in but I have no idea what your trying to say

On one of the other 'Layouts'?

Maybe it's time for a one on one Zoom consultation session.

Buddy thank you for chiming in but I have no idea what your trying to say
I posted a link to the FM3 ONLY setup for the FM3-it has PDF's with instructions
It changes what your 3 footswitches do-FOR THE BETTER. Like I said you can always go back to your original setup, whcih you don't seem too happy with.

This should help.

Good video, all Rosh's videos are helpful. But with 3 footswitches you really need a "Good navigation scheme" to be able to get to the proper footswitches easy and intuitively. FM3 Only was a winner for most.. Very easy navigation with only 3 footswitches'. You can edit i also.
The FM9 actually comes with similar for the FM9 (Thanks Admin Matt). It's a choice in setup.

Yes. Setting it to 3 will make it jump by 3 when you change banks.

Bank Inc. and Dec. switches are functions you can assign to footswitches in your layouts.

1699056983655.png

If you have the factory Layout loaded, long press the middle button to get to the Master Layout. Then select Presets. From the Preset layout, long pressing the right switch will go up a bank, and long pressing the left switch will go down a bank.

If you have the factory Layout loaded, long press the middle button to get to the Master Layout. Then select Presets. From the Preset layout, long pressing the right switch will go up a bank, and long pressing the left switch will go down a bank.
100% thank you! Just like scrolling scenes but in Pre set mode

I'm not one for long lengthy wordy videos so made this

Check out the Footswitch Functions guide, and have a look at Layout Links - this is a very cool quality of life tip!

Essentially you can link the Scenes layout to pop up straight after you select a preset - just link to the Scenes Layout View 1. In other words, as soon as you choose a preset, the footswitches will automatically change to show all the Scenes in that preset, but after you choose the preset (which means you can still bank up or down to choose Presets).

Check out the Footswitch Functions guide, and have a look at Layout Links - this is a very cool quality of life tip!

Essentially you can link the Scenes layout to pop up straight after you select a preset - just link to the Scenes Layout View 1. In other words, as soon as you choose a preset, the footswitches will automatically change to show all the Scenes in that preset, but after you choose the preset (which means you can still bank up or down to choose Presets).
That is exactly what FM3 ONLY does for you. Mind boggling that this would not be tried first. Oh well, it is what it is. I give up.

Back
Top Bottom