Bank Update problems...

Jason1974

Hello all..
Just the other day I upgraded my firmware to the latest 8.02 with no problems..
So today I tried to update to the latest presets (bank a, b, and c) for the first time.
I downloaded the .syx files to my hard drive..
Hooked everything up like I did for updating the firmware.. I then used Bome's to transfer the files..
I uploaded all 3 new banks to my Axe.. Since I had only created 1 new patch so far, I figured it was no big deal if it got over-written during the update process.. So, once the uploads were done, I checked my patch I created expecting it to be replaced by the original patch (I overwrote #004).. And it was still labeled what I named it.. What happened?? Did I do something wrong?? Did the update not take??
I always read where once you upload the new banks, they write over whatever you have already created.. I also noticed while uploading the banks that it took almost 5 minutes per bank.. is that normal??
Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance..
Jason

Doesn't sound like it took.
Temporarily renaming a patch before updating banks is definitely a great way to check.
And yes, it can definitely take around five minutes per bank. I haven't uploaded banks in a while, but I do remember it taking at least a few minutes.

As far as I can tell from the description, you didn't do anything wrong. I would double-check that a single patch upload works (since that's really fast -- it'll go to the edit buffer, and won't be stored unless you Store it manually). And then just try again (using the temp rename to check if it actually took).

godprobe said:
Doesn't sound like it took.
Temporarily renaming a patch before updating banks is definitely a great way to check.
And yes, it can definitely take around five minutes per bank. I haven't uploaded banks in a while, but I do remember it taking at least a few minutes.

As far as I can tell from the description, you didn't do anything wrong. I would double-check that a single patch upload works (since that's really fast -- it'll go to the edit buffer, and won't be stored unless you Store it manually). And then just try again (using the temp rename to check if it actually took).

Thanks for the input.. I appreciate it.. I probably won't update the bank presets (for now) being as I usually only use them as a reference for amp settings or effect settings.. My biggest concern is that I didn't do anything to possible mess up the Axe itself (i.e. firmware or anything else for that matter).. I'm kinda a "midiot" when it comes to this kinda stuff..
I don't think it could mess anything up, but I'd rather be safe than sorry!! ;)

Thanks again..
Jason

Update banks worked just fine with the new editor for me.
Just FYI.
I always store the original bank A on bank B of the ULTRA and bank B on bank C. So I have my presets always on bank A.
And it was very easy.

Micha

michl_666 said:
Update banks worked just fine with the new editor for me.
Just FYI.
I always store the original bank A on bank B of the ULTRA and bank B on bank C. So I have my presets always on bank A.
And it was very easy.

Micha

I'll have to remember that for when I do update the preset banks. :)
Unfortunately, I'm not using the new editor yet. I'm still updating the firmware with the "old" editor..
I spoke to fractal themselves and they recommended MidiOX for updating the preset banks.. Also, they confirmed that there was no way I could do harm to the unit doing what I did.. He said that the upload just didn't take (for whatever reason).. So I'll probably just hold off updating the preset banks until the next firmware update.. Which could be this weekend!! LOL.. :)

Thanks all..
Jason

Jason1974 said:
... until the next firmware update.. Which could be this weekend!! LOL.. :)Jason
:eek: Don't hope so! Half of my presets are updated just now. :? :mrgreen:

C'mon Jason, they didn't say anything like that, did they? :? :| :) :D :p :mrgreen: :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Micha ;)

michl_666 said:
Jason1974 said:
... until the next firmware update.. Which could be this weekend!! LOL.. :)Jason
:eek: Don't hope so! Half of my presets are updated just now. :? :mrgreen:

C'mon Jason, they didn't say anything like that, did they? :? :| :) :D :p :mrgreen: :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Micha ;)

LOL..
No they didn't say anything about the next firmware coming out this weekend.. Just some of my bad humor.. :)
But they did say that THEY use MidiOX as there MIDI transfer program, hence the recommendation..
Sorry for the scare.. :mrgreen:

Jason

I've been using the "old" editor to do all my firmware upgrades w/ a MidiSport 2 X 2. It's always worked great. I have not yet done the latest ( 8.02 ) update for my Standard. Gigs this weekend. I'll wait...

BOME is probably the simplest out there and has been rock solid for me. Realize you can adjust the speed of the transfer on BOME. I didn't realize it til' Dutch (i think) pointed it out.

I've been using the editor lately and it's been solid.

TonyGring said:
I've been using the "old" editor to do all my firmware upgrades w/ a MidiSport 2 X 2. It's always worked great. I have not yet done the latest ( 8.02 ) update for my Standard. Gigs this weekend. I'll wait...

I hope I'm not confusing anyone..:)
I too am using a MidiSport 2x2 as my MIDI interface.. And I'm also using "Lars" old editor for firmware updates.. And that is working fine..
I ran into the problem trying to update the bank presets.. That's why I got in touch with Fractal and they recommended what THEY use.. Which is MidiOX.. That doesn't mean nothing else will work, because there are other programs working (new editor, old editor, Bomes SendSX).. I'm sorry if that was the impression I gave off.. I was just trying to relay the info I had gotten from Fractal themselves, that's all.. :)

Have a good one guys..
Jason :D

Back
Top Bottom