Band Helper Sending Beat Clock to FX8 Doesn't work

Bob Marton

I have Band Helper and it's great in many ways. It changed PC and CC when selecting songs. I use it to dial in my Patches then I use the Scene 1/2 button to add modifications for lead and boost.

I also want to sync the tempo to the presets so I can use multiple songs with the same preset and have the Tempo change depending on the song Tempo selected in the Band Helper.

Has anyone had any knowledge of this? My FX8 works with Sonar Platinum but not with Bandhelper which is a tablet device Android and iPad

Here are the steps from Band Helper. I followed these steps and connected with MIDI cable and tried MIDI over USB but neither worked.

TO SEND TIMING (BEAT CLOCK) MESSAGES

Note: MIDI Beat Clock is not available on Android devices with less than Android 6.

1. Navigate to Settings > Tempo & Pitch and turn on the "Send MIDI beat clock" option.
    midi_tempo.jpg
  2. Edit a song and enter a tempo value. You can enter a number, or use the Tap button to set a value.
  3. Save the song to reload the Songs list, or navigate to a set list or smart list, and tap the Tempo button for a song. The icon will begin flashing, and the beat clock messages will be sent.
  4. To send the MIDI beat clock only to a specific port, you can change Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Tempo Options > Send Beat Clock to Port. Otherwise, it will be sent to all available ports.

Do you have any details? How do you connect? What do you do to perform the sync.How is the Setlist setup? do you use the Tempo button on Bandhelper or do you have it play automatically?

Do you have any details? How do you connect? What do you do to perform the sync.How is the Setlist setup? do you use the Tempo button on Bandhelper or do you have it play automatically?
Pretty much exactly as your steps. Sometimes I find BH goes weird and rebooting iPhone fixes it. Have you tried that? Especially when moving from cell to wifi. I connect using ud-bt01 over Bluetooth connected to USB.

Found the issue. The setting that was missing because in BH in the utility I had the midi set to old format. Switched it off and now the settings I needed showed up and Midi Clock is functioning.

How did you set up the tempo? did you set it in the Layout to start when song is selected or did you hit the Metronome Button in the song layout screen?

Good news. I’ve done both. I now add a button to the layout and send manually if I need to as all my presets have saved preset tempo. If I want sometimes I set the auto send function in BH.

Found the issue. The setting that was missing because in BH in the utility I had the midi set to old format. Switched it off and now the settings I needed showed up and Midi Clock is functioning.

How did you set up the tempo? did you set it in the Layout to start when song is selected or did you hit the Metronome Button in the song layout screen?
I use it with Axe Fx by pressing the metronome button in BandHelper.

I've got mine set up to play only 4-8 bars because I've found the tempo jumps around too much. I primarily use it to set initial tempo for each song.

Back
Top Bottom