Band cover: Karnivool - New Day

fret

Experienced

So this has been in the works for about 3 months. I was involved on guitar (Axefx2 obviously) and mixing/video production. We organized it through this reddit thread with members of the band hailing from Austria, India, the USA and Australia.

Maybe not up to the ridiculous standard you guys set here ;) But we tried.

I don't think I quite got the patch where I wanted it to be. Maybe Quantum will help... and moving to the 100w AMP vs the 50w 5150. I hear the 100 has less gain, and I really struggled to pull the cleaner parts out of the unit. Anyway after a while I gave up trying to get it "exact" and just got on with making music.

Great work! Would have been a fun project to get involved with.

Few questions about the song. What tuning is it in? and any chance you have tabs for the guitar parts?

Few questions about the song. What tuning is it in? and any chance you have tabs for the guitar parts?

Tuning is B F# B g b e (or half drop B, half concert... known as "karnivool" tuning). The best way to string that up is to use a 7 string set and throw out the middle string.

Tabs: no. I think the other guitarist used tabs on the net for the lead part in the final chorus, and I learnt all my parts by ear (over a year or more).

Back
Top Bottom