Bad Company - Can't Get Enough

I am having trouble trying to simulate 2 guitars for the solo
Pretty sure I need pitch block but, no idea on what the settings should be.

I think that you will need to do this in Custom Scales as, so far as I remember, the harmony line is a mixture of 3rds and 4ths.

For the harmony-lead section, Mick uses three different scales: C mixolydian, G melodic minor and C diminished. Each of these could be set up on a different Channel in a Pitch block.

For the harmony-lead section, Mick uses three different scales: C mixolydian, G melodic minor and C diminished. Each of these could be set up on a different Channel in a Pitch block.
I'd say that's not quite what's happening. It's C Mixolydian with a variable third (i.e. jumping between Mixolydian & Dorian) until the last two measures, which are C major. Those three scales plus a way to switch between thirds and fourths could potentially get pretty close. Using G melodic minor (C Lydian dominant) would allow bending Eb slightly while the harmony holds G, but you'd have to switch back to Mixolydian just before and after those spots.

cantget.png

I like it! This transcription is more accurate than what I've been playing live, especially in bars 11 & 12. Thanks for posting!

Thanks guys but, this is beyond my skill level. Bar band playing to a hopefully a drunk crowd- why can't we just use a slight delay to simulate 2 guitars playing together to get a wide full room sound, maybe someone can put a pitch block together and share it ??

Double tracking causes every single note to individually differ in timing and pitch. One delay and pitch block is not going to do that. They will generate a stereo spread if panned but that's not the same. A chorus is basically a first attempt to add a delay and using an LFO to modulate the pitch.

Thanks guys but, this is beyond my skill level. Bar band playing to a hopefully a drunk crowd- why can't we just use a slight delay to simulate 2 guitars playing together to get a wide full room sound, maybe someone can put a pitch block together and share it ??
Here's a suggestion for you. Try using a chorus effect and turn the mix down to around 33%. Put the chorus block after the cab block.
Also you can try the dual detune in the pitch block. Bring one side of the detune to around -9 and the other side to around +9. Also set the delay time, in milliseconds +11 on one side of the detune and -11 on the other detune. Then bring the effect mix down to anywhere you think sounds good, I usually start off at 30% and go from there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom