Bad Cat hot cat 30

sheky

Experienced
This is the first time Fractal's modeled an amp I owned and there's something really nice about it.

It's like I get to keep it even though I sold it. Also in the back of my mind I always wondered how much the Fractaled amps sound like their real-world counterparts and it's all there with the Bad Cat. The full tone and buzzy disortion. I ran mine with a Super OD and it sounds like I remember. I tried the other pedals sims in front but I think the super od is the winner.

Now that I'm rambling out of control, I might as well ad that part of the challenge is finding which pedals work best with which amps. Like I've been playing the incredible 2 Rock for an hour (2 Stone) and settled on the tube driver.

part of the challenge is finding which pedals work best with which amps. Like I've been playing the incredible 2 Rock for an hour (2 Stone) and settled on the tube driver.

Speaking of that, does anyone else find not much of a difference in the different kinds of drive block - clip types? maybe it's hard to notice on low-level headphones
(I guess anything is hard this way anyhow) I mean there's this "fw rect" doing it's own thing with loads of fuzzjuice, and that's all good. but for some of them it's hard to hear any difference at all, to me at least.

I cant wait to try the hotcat. I sold my bad cat black cat 30r last year. It was a great amp that I still miss. Great to have it in my arsenal again, and not the 90lb 2x12 version. It was a beast to lug around.

I love the Hot Cat model. I haven't gigged with it yet, but it can do everything I need it to.

This is the first time Fractal's modeled an amp I owned and there's something really nice about it.

It's like I get to keep it even though I sold it. Also in the back of my mind I always wondered how much the Fractaled amps sound like their real-world counterparts and it's all there with the Bad Cat. The full tone and buzzy disortion.
Awesome. As I was beta'ing this f/w release I found myself wondering how close the Hot Cat model was to the real deal because it's got such a unique, fuzzy driven sound to it. Super nice amp, super nice model that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom