Bad cat clean channel suggestion

echos

I'm looking for an amp that will come close to the bad cat 30 clean channel. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm looking for an amp that will come close to the bad cat 30 clean channel. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I used to own a Black Cat 30. I sold it after getting the AXE FX2. The clean channel is a 12AX7 preamp with EL84 output tubes and tube rectification. The Vox AC15 and AC30 are close. Theoretically the Hot Cat is the same circuit with EL34 tubes.

To my ear the AC15 gives me the vibe I'm looking for that I used to get with the Bad Cat clean.
You can tweak using different tone stacks. Try the Bad Cat tone stack in the Vox Amp that might work
Good luck.
Trust your ears!

James

Try the Vibroverb with the bad cat mix. The Hot cat 30 clean was the best clean I ever heard.

The Bad Cat 30 is basically a Matchless DC30 with a few little tweaks. Truthfully, a sizable number of Bad Cat amps are simply reworked Matchless designs.

Currently there isn't really an amp in the Axe-fx that does that sound. The AC30 is probably the closest.

The Bad Cat 30 clean channel is a great crunch channel when cranked. I personally miss that.

I wish Cliff would model the Groove Tube Soul o 75. I own one and it has the best clean sound IMO. You can switch the power amp to class AB and A. It has a separate clean and dirty channel with their own tone controls. The dirty channel sounds totally different than any of my amps. The amp is no longer made since Groove Tube was sold to Fender.

I wish Cliff would model the Groove Tube Soul o 75. I own one and it has the best clean sound IMO. You can switch the power amp to class AB and A. It has a separate clean and dirty channel with their own tone controls. The dirty channel sounds totally different than any of my amps. The amp is no longer made since Groove Tube was sold to Fender.

That's a really cool amp with a truly unique design. Would love to hear it someday and would love to have it in the Axe.

That's a really cool amp with a truly unique design. Would love to hear it someday and would love to have it in the Axe.

I had 3 of them, I first bought it when they called it Solo. I bought the 75 and then I traded it for the. Soul o 150 which was loud as hell! I sold it to buy studio gear when I started building my studio. That amp was expensive!
I found the Soul o 75 on eBay for $800 so I bought it. When it arrived, I plugged it in and there it was, the clean sound I've been missing since 1998 when I sold it!
They're hard to find, so I'm keeping it! The amp needs a fan because when I run it on class A, it gets quite hot.

I had 3 of them, I first bought it when they called it Solo. I bought the 75 and then I traded it for the. Soul o 150 which was loud as hell! I sold it to buy studio gear when I started building my studio. That amp was expensive!
I found the Soul o 75 on eBay for $800 so I bought it. When it arrived, I plugged it in and there it was, the clean sound I've been missing since 1998 when I sold it!
They're hard to find, so I'm keeping it! The amp needs a fan because when I run it on class A, it gets quite hot.

Would you let Cliff borrow it to model it? :)

Would you let Cliff borrow it to model it? :)

Sure! It has brand new SED 6L6, but I'm still looking for the right preamp tubes for the amp. That's one of the hard part a having a bunch of tube amps, trying to find the right tubes for them, an it gets expensive! My Marsha sounds great with JJ EL 34 for not so good with SED tubes for example.
I would love to share this great sounding amp for the FAS community!

I have a Bad Cat Black Cat 30 (no reverb) that I have offered before. Although my Bruno Underground 30 is a much cooler amp. Either or both are available to send to Cliff if he ever wants me to.

Back
Top Bottom