Backups in live situation

Hey guys, I‘m thinking of switching from the line 6 to the fractal family. What I heard is absolutely amazing and I need more power for more multiple amp setups that the helix can’t do.
that’s one of the main reason.
I play exclusively live in different band situations. Do you use any backups for live?
I never had any failures with the helix and normally I wouldn’t switch when I know that something works. But I think that this is the most logical step. Did you experience any problems that you couldn’t deal with?
Thanks

The fractal units are as road worthy as they come!

However, rule #1 of the road is that everything blows up eventually

And usually the day that you left the backup at home too...

I have giggled it on occasion with no backup unit, but 98% of the time I have either a 2nd unit or a an axe ii as a backup. An FM3 is also a relatively affordable backup plan.

I use a Mooer Preamp Live for my backup rig. Have never had to use it, but I always bring it.

Reactions: jon
I use a Mooer Preamp Live for my backup rig. Have never had to use it, but I always bring it.
Yup, always prepared is my motto

I always rather have it and not need it than have something go wrong and it's a showstopper

My last live rig I had everything set up to just press 2 buttons and everything would switch to the alternate rig, and I'd be up and running before people even noticed something was wrong

My backup is sgear on my laptop. Usb interface would be my x32r.

I hope I never have to use it, but it's there if I did, it's enough to save a gig.

I’ve been using Fractal for about 8 years (starting with the Axe FX 2, now 3), gigging 2-3 times a month. I can’t recall a situation where I needed a backup.

I used to leave my old Crate PowerBlock in the back of the car just in case. Never needed it, luckily, but things happen.
Always have a plan - even if it is your guitar cable direct to a powered speaker cab! The show must go on.

My bands use a Soundcraft Ui24r for our IEM monitor mixes and the cool thing about this mixer is that channels 1 & 2 have Digitech Modeling built in. Great for a backup in time of need. Thankful still I haven't ever needed it, but it's ready just in case.
Before that, I used a SansAmp pedal. But check out the Caitlinbread stuff, depending on what kind of tone you're looking for.

I have an Axe III and an FM3. They back up each other depending upon what I am using live. There has been no gigs since March of last year so whenever that gets going again is when I'll be using them both live again. They have really saved my back and a lot of space on the stage/floor in whatever bar/club we are playing.

My old AX8 never even hinted at an issue and only got to use my III at one gig, so I have a lot of confidence in my Fractal gear

However, I'm also pragmatic.

So in my gigbag is an Atomic AFB with a simple clean and dirty option there. Toying with getting a HX Stomp as the form factor gives a few more options.

Would love it if Fractal came out with a real small unit

Back
Top Bottom