Backline when CLR on the floor

kingston

I am using an active wedge clr as stage monitor frfr. One input of the CLR for band mix, and the other for output2 from my Axe.

I want to add a backline frfr, and the idea was to get a Matrix Fr12 (or maybe two for a stereo setup).
The reason for fr12 instead of another clr was the weight. The fr12 could work as a grab'n'go cab.

Do you see any problem in mixing frfr this way, or would you go another clr?

I have two CLR's and 2 XiTone's that I use as backline. Depends on my mood which 2 I bring. I set one behind me and the other on the other side of the stage by my bass players rig. Sounds great.

I have one CLR Neo as backline, elevated. I have another in wedge position in front. (OT: I'll be moving the wedge in front of the bassist & other guitarist on a trial basis because I'm switching to IEMs.)

CLR_backline.png

The CLR works well as BL. If you just want one speaker for backline, a CLR would be fine. I wouldn't put two back there because it would be overkill. I had stacked two CLRs (elevated to begin with) as BL at one band practice because I was too lazy to set up monitoring, and it was nuts loud. If you want stereo, IMHO two FR12s would be more prudent.

I have one CLR Neo as backline, elevated. I have another in wedge position in front. (OT: I'll be moving the wedge in front of the bassist & other guitarist on a trial basis because I'm switching to IEMs.)

CLR_backline.png

The CLR works well as BL. If you just want one speaker for backline, a CLR would be fine. I wouldn't put two back there because it would be overkill. I had stacked two CLRs (elevated to begin with) as BL at one band practice because I was too lazy to set up monitoring, and it was nuts loud. If you want stereo, IMHO two FR12s would be more prudent.

So you'd have no worries in mixing the Fr12 as bl with the clr in front of you (wedge)?

So you'd have no worries in mixing the Fr12 as bl with the clr in front of you (wedge)?
Yes, if I weren't going IEM, and I were in the market for stereo BL, I'd probably get a pair of FR12s. They would surely sound different from the CLRs, but I wouldn't mind mixing them because my point of reference for what FOH is hearing would strictly be what's coming out of the CLR; the stereo BL would be just for my own pleasure and stage fill. :)

Back
Top Bottom