Backing up all Cabs results in a single .syx file now?

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
I haven't had to do any backups of my Axe-FXII Original since sometime in 2020.
So I dl'd the new version of Fractal Bot.
First thing I noticed is that I now have to select between MIDI I/O and "USB MIDI Device" (the latter of which I eventually found out seems to do nothing).

Then I noticed that the files would not dl as requested.
First thing I did was to reinstall (I assume it was already installed) the MIDI driver that was released in 2019.
Still not working.
Finally I find out that I can't use a USB hub anymore for Fractal Bot and have to connect it directly to a USB port on my iMac.

The dl of my User Presets then went as expected.

But when I saved all of my User Cabs it results in a single .syx file called "100-Unnamed.syx" whereas it used to give me 100 separate .syx IR files.
When I went to upload that file back to the Axe I was warned that I was about to over write all 100 User Cab slots in the Axe-FX.

This single file thing for all User Cabs is next to useless for me.
How can I reproduce the previous behavior?

Last edited:
Also...
I just tried to save a single Cab file, Cab #1, and got the message "Please enter a valid user cab number between 1 and 100".
So, I can't save individual cabs now either.
What the hell is going on?
I'll try restarting my iMac now to swee if that does anything.
Sheesh.
This was supposed to take up 2 minutes of my time today and I've been troubleshooting it now for close to 2 hrs.

Link to instructions please.
I tried dragging the file onto a FracTool window.
All I could get was a .csv file with text about the cabs in a spread sheet.

Just a note that you can also use Axe-Edit Manage Cabs to export your cabs.

Just a note that you can also use Axe-Edit Manage Cabs to export your cabs.

I can?
Again, instruction please.
I see no menus for exporting all my cabs in Axe-Manage Cabs.
Sorry if this obvious.

Still, why did you guys change the behavior of Fractal Bot's cab saving routines?

Still, why did you guys change the behavior of Fractal Bot's cab saving routines?
We did not, that I know of. This is the first I am hearing that a newer version of Fractal-Bot is not possibly working correctly with the legacy Axe-Fx II. (I don't currently have an Axe-Fx II setup to test with but will work on that.)

Perhaps you could try an earlier version of Fractal-Bot? I think that the one that was contemporary with Axe-Fx II final firmware is 3.00.02, which I see is available in the archive of one of our forum members:

http://archive.axefx.fr/FractalBot/

We did not, that I know of. This is the first I am hearing that a newer version of Fractal-Bot is not possibly working correctly with the legacy Axe-Fx II. (I don't currently have an Axe-Fx II setup to test with but will work on that.)

Perhaps you could try an earlier version of Fractal-Bot? I think that the one that was contemporary with Axe-Fx II final firmware is 3.00.02, which I see is available in the archive of one of our forum members:

http://archive.axefx.fr/FractalBot/

Thanks.
3.00.02 appears to doing what I expect it to, i.e. the old behavior for saving all Cabs.
Hopefully there are no other issues using old software.
Guess I'll try to remember to ignore the 'update available' messages every time I use Fractal Bot.

If I'm not mistaken Doug B was also having issues with fractal bot as well. He talks about it in this video starting at time 1:50

Back
Top Bottom