Backing tracks

Again, apologies how do you download the song first for processing with Moises.ai as non of the urls are working
Record the playback into your DAW. You can use Rogue Amoeba Loopback, or simply use your Axe-FX to do the loopback.

I find that jamkazam and KV are associated same products and stems
Cheers - have just checked out karaoke-version.com and they have way more tracks available - thats great! I do think JK hasnt been updated for a while as theres very few new track being added. But the KV STEM download process is way slower than jamkazam as KV requires you to solo each track in the browser, render an MP3 of solod track and download individually, JK has them ready to go.
Will still be using KV in future - much appreciated!

I use Moises paid version to get the tracks, then place them in Reaper, remove any unwanted noise and then render it to an mp3 file.

I run tracks through demucs. https://github.com/facebookresearch/demucs

If you want to get down on the command line and do some maths... works the best of anything I've ever tried personally. Of course you can make adjustments, so anything is possible.

Keeping my eye on this: https://github.com/kuielab/mdx-net-submission

I am hoping to get my master's degree in data science in 2023, so doubly interested or squared interest, somewhere in there.

Cheers - have just checked out karaoke-version.com and they have way more tracks available - thats great! I do think JK hasnt been updated for a while as theres very few new track being added. But the KV STEM download process is way slower than jamkazam as KV requires you to solo each track in the browser, render an MP3 of solod track and download individually, JK has them ready to go.
Will still be using KV in future - much appreciated!

With KV you can simply mute tracks, solo multiple individual tracks, adjust their levels and panning and download the results as a final backing track.

Or after downloading import into a daw app and perform further edits and processing.

Thanks for all the info. Some good links there.

So using Moises.ai on your favourite artists tracks you own as mp3 I guess your still not allowed to use these in videos you create for uploading to the Fractal forum/youtube/Facebook etc ?

How I understand this is that backing tracks are still licensed, which makes sense as they are a part of the original recording. If the backing track is re-recorded by another person/band playing the instruments it is not licensed (I am not 100% sure of this, and I'm not giving legal advice), is like a cover song, so the karaoke type backing tracks are that. Backing tracks from the original recording will be recognized on Soundcloud, YT, FB, and SC used to block them. Youtube doesn't block or charge you, if you agree to have the music in your video attributed to the original artist, as it should be. For personal use and practicing, they are phenomenal to have. But you can learn them the old fashioned way, by playing along with the album, cassette, or CD and recording yourself with a "JamBox", lol. At least you can hear your mistakes, and keep practicing!

The rhythm game (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc.) explosion of the late-'00s/early-'10s gave us a wealth of "official" multitracks/stems. Obviously you're at the mercy of the songs they chose for the games, but if the song you're looking for was one of them, search for stem rips on Google or YouTube.

They can also be a valuable learning tool, as you'll often be able to clearly hear things that are buried in the mix of the official release.

I run tracks through demucs. https://github.com/facebookresearch/demucs

If you want to get down on the command line and do some maths... works the best of anything I've ever tried personally. Of course you can make adjustments, so anything is possible.

Keeping my eye on this: https://github.com/kuielab/mdx-net-submission

I am hoping to get my master's degree in data science in 2023, so doubly interested or squared interest, somewhere in there.
Seems cool, but after reading all the boards and following the links, I would have no earthly idea how to run the app on an MP3 or Wav and separate it by instrument, on a Mac. Waaaayyyy over my head.

Very cool if it works well.

I didn't see an option to split with and without guitar specifically. Can it do that? (Can't try it right now.)
The default on the command line is splitting to stems. Usually with the default settings I'll get separation of different guiitars (clean and dirty, vocals, bass, keyboards, drums). There can be some real low level bleeding that you can take care of with Audacity or something. Compared to past apps that promised separation, this is like my Ax3 compared to my GHS headphone amp.

So you load them all in your DAW and delete or mute what you don't want...

Compared to past apps that promised separation, this is like my Ax3 compared to my GHS headphone amp.
High praise! Was there specific software you've tried before? I myself was quite impressed with RipX & the amount of tweaking it allows (well, the demo's I've seen online, havent tried it myself yet). I could not find many videos showing recent Demucs, but the one I did find was indeed pretty good.

Very cool if it works well.

I didn't see an option to split with and without guitar specifically. Can it do that? (Can't try it right now.)
I tried this out on a Fuel song (Shimmer) - there are keys in it but when I did the separation, it put the guitars and keys together, but on two separate tracks so I couldn't get just the keys. Vocals, drums, and bass split pretty well though.

Back
Top Bottom