Backing Tracks / Playalongs

hi guys,

besides youtube: do you know of good sources for nice backing tracks / playalongs (selfmade / songs with and without guitar / educational material etc.)?

best regards
dumblegeorge

There are a lot of sites, google guitar backing tracks.

I download the files to a thumb drive, must have 500 songs that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of those free ones from that site are decent - but not that many. Some are plain horrible. The best quality tracks available (IMO) now (that you pay for) come from LickLibrary.com - Guitar Tuition, Backing Tracks, TAB, MP3 Downloads, Transcriptions accuracy

The only US dealer I know of is Guitar Nine Records - Lick LIbrary Price List

I have a large collection of stuff, and the tracks from these guys are easily the best overall - 99% of them are totally pro-sounding and correct. They have other things too, like DVD tutorials of specific tunes, etc. Some of the products have versions with all the guitar parts as well as the backing, others just the backing.

I do quite a bit of practicing with my BOSS DR880. It has drums and bass, and you can pick patterns and key for the bass. It also goes on forever, so if I screw up, I can just start over. Not a replacement for a backing track if you want to cover something, but for practicing, it's pretty good.

Check out Jammit | Play with the Masters
It's original master tracks that you can isolate the tracks,loop and slow it down. It also includes totally accurate tabs that move in sync with the song. It's currently only on the iPad & iPhone. Pretty cool!!

Last edited:
hi guys!

THANKS A LOT for the detailed links and suggestions! that's great! i think these links are perhaps interesting for others too.
once again: 1000 thanks to all posters here!

very best regards
george

I do quite a bit of practicing with my BOSS DR880. It has drums and bass, and you can pick patterns and key for the bass. It also goes on forever, so if I screw up, I can just start over. Not a replacement for a backing track if you want to cover something, but for practicing, it's pretty good.

+1 on the DR880. It's just a couple of UI quirks away from being perfect for that kind of stuff. Too bad Roland doesn't develop their FW the way Fractal does.

Another practice tool that is a decent alternative to the DR880 is the Line6 JM4. You can do practice loops over the built in drums or use the built in looping backing tracks.

OP, check out the Guitar Center site and see if the King of the Blues backing tracks are still up. They are pretty good if you like that kind of stuff. GC also has a lot of "music minus one" CDs that are ok.

Edit. Here are the KOB tracks: Guitar Center - Guitar Center's King of the Blues 2010

JWW

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom