Backing track sources?

Roadrunner

Power User
So.......I finished playing all YouTube backing track available, well so many of them sounds the same, not my taste.
Anyhow, was wondering where can I fined some new stuff for home practice, I fined most of the YouTube stuff to be boring / repeat it self.
Thanks.

If you have the budget, buy Band In A Box. It is some great software. You can make your own tracks in minutes and create them in the key you want them. You can create interesting chord changes in them to give you a challenge.

If you have the budget, buy Band In A Box. It is some great software. You can make your own tracks in minutes and create them in the key you want them. You can create interesting chord changes in them to give you a challenge.
Gets pricy with their add-ons.
Do you think they're stuff you need?

Gets pricy with their add-ons.
Do you think they're stuff you need?
I bought in at their higher end. The real tracks are pretty good. I have created songs in that app then exported them into my DAW as individual tracks. It is pretty convincing. The sounds that won me over are the acoustic instruments. I was super amazed at how good they sounded. You could start out with the core application and add to it if you wanted to. You may not want a bunch of the styles they have in the add on packs. That would save you some money.

It is definitely expensive but it is pretty good. I don't buy the update every year. You could do it every other year and save money. If you get too far behind they hit you with another charge that I am not fond of paying. I have a friend that is still on a pretty old version of the software. Once you have it, it will keep doing what it does. I had to upgrade when I upgraded the OS on my mac to a 64 bit only system. The version I had was a 32 bit version. I only had to buy the core product though. All of the packs I have work on the newer version without any issues.

Try https://www.sessionbandapp.com/
Pretty much the best backing tracks collection and backing tracks creation software on the market. I might be wrong but I believe I tried all of them over the years, and these are killer. I know that many Youtube content creators as well as music course/lessons creators including some big names are using these. Just take a look at the line-up of musicians and you'll know why! All my life I wanted to jam with Chris Coleman - now I can!!

I found an Andy Timmons backing track on Spotify. Cry For You. Apparently released by Andy himself. I was surprised to see it pop up. It would be awesome if more artists did that. Mostly these days I just jam to music. Or just lay down loops. I got bored with the backing tracks I was using.

There’s a bunch of backing tracks on Spotify. I haven’t explored them yet but worth checking out.

Try https://www.sessionbandapp.com/
Pretty much the best backing tracks collection and backing tracks creation software on the market. I might be wrong but I believe I tried all of them over the years, and these are killer. I know that many Youtube content creators as well as music course/lessons creators including some big names are using these. Just take a look at the line-up of musicians and you'll know why! All my life I wanted to jam with Chris Coleman - now I can!!
Thanks.
But, isn't it all about creating tracks?
Im not looking for tools / loops to create my own backing tracks, just ready made ones and much preferred free of course.

just ready made ones
Each pack has ~100 jam-ready tracks. For popular styles like Blues and Rock most of them are based off popular songs and styles, see https://www.sessionbandapp.com/sessionband-blues-music-app-for-ipad-and-iphone/.

You can transpose them to each of 12 tonalities, also change a chord or two or loop any section. Apply any of the styles within a pack to any of the songs within a pack, turning a BBKing slow blues into an up-tempo blues-rock tune. Effectively, it is a Band-in-a-Box with much better sounds and much simpler controls in your iPad.
So it gives you thousands of backings in each pack. You can create/save/open your own, of course.

Jazz pack 4 contains 150 additional "evergreen" backings if this is your poison on top of many already in the app.

Thanks.
But, isn't it all about creating tracks?
Im not looking for tools / loops to create my own backing tracks, just ready made ones and much preferred free of course.
When you say backing tracks, do you mean popular songs with the guitar removed? That’s what I would call “backing tracks”. You play the song on the guitar and the recording provides the backing. Or do you mean tracks in a certain style that are not popular songs, and are just for the purpose of jamming over? I would call those “jam tracks”.

karaoke version is a great source for backing tracks.

When you say backing tracks, do you mean popular songs with the guitar removed? That’s what I would call “backing tracks”. You play the song on the guitar and the recording provides the backing. Or do you mean tracks in a certain style that are not popular songs, and are just for the purpose of jamming over? I would call those “jam tracks”.

karaoke version is a great source for backing tracks.

Yes, both, popular and not popular songs with no lead guitar or no guitars at all.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom