Backing track for live performance / licensing?

Just delineate what the gig entails in your contact email with Tency, and roll with it. You may find it won't be as bad as you might have guessed originally. In truth, sometimes we place inordinate worry over something that isn't really that bad, and turns out OK in the end. I think you'll be fine if you just connect with Tency and ask about a one-time pricing for licensing.
It's actually worse than I thought... They got back to me with a quote for "One time gig of a cover band playing 80's songs in a small bar to about 50 to 100 people.".

Cost would be €30 plus tax (about $33 USD total) PER TRACK. Figure 35 songs for the gig, average of about 5 tracks per song... 35*5*33 = $5775 USD. :oops:

It's actually worse than I thought... They got back to me with a quote for "One time gig of a cover band playing 80's songs in a small bar to about 50 to 100 people.".

Cost would be €30 plus tax (about $33 USD total) PER TRACK. Figure 35 songs for the gig, average of about 5 tracks per song... 35*5*33 = $5775 USD. :oops:
(Cheaper to find yourself a keyboard player.)

I'd ask if the licensing agency misquoted that price...and ask if they meant €30 per song, not per track. Per track seems excessive...which would translate to 35x33=$1155.00, which, unfortunately is also above my pay grade. (Sigh.) Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom