back up unit

markmusicman

Experienced
I recently purchased an Eleven Rack from EBay the unit is brand new never registered but it does not come with Pro tools. You can get one of these for $375.00 which I believe to be a great deal. Since I cannot afford another axe this is as breast back up plan. I sold one of my Boss GT10s and purchased one of these with the money. If anyone is looking he has quite a few of them left.

I recently purchased an Eleven Rack from EBay the unit is brand new never registered but it does not come with Pro tools. You can get one of these for $375.00 which I believe to be a great deal. Since I cannot afford another axe this is as breast back up plan. I sold one of my Boss GT10s and purchased one of these with the money. If anyone is looking he has quite a few of them left.

Now that you've played through the GT10 and the Eleven Rack, which one is better?

Well I tell you what I really love the sound I'm getting with the Eleven rack but I have to admit I still love the GT10 also. I actually still have one GT10 and I plan to keep that one. The one thing that is nice about the GT10 is it is all in one you don't need an external midi controller or expression pedal. I have created some good tones over the years with the GT10, Ill let you know as I get a little more comfortable with the Eleven rack.

you don't need an external midi controller or expression pedal.

That's what I was thinking. The Eleven Rack might need MIDI control. So, in terms of being a backup, what if the thing that fails you is your MIDI controller or MIDI cable? Then what have you gained by having another rack unit as your backup. An all-in-one pedal seems more practical. One reason I won't get rid of my HD500. I also usually just bring that to rehearsal instead of my rack, since rehearsal is just the practice of hitting my marks, beginnings/endings/turn arounds, and tone is less important - I just need to be able to make a joyful noise.

Ive got a ground control Pro to go with the eleven rack but if you have to bring all kinds of stuff just for back up. I still have a GT10 also but I am thinking of purchasing a HD500 you can never have to many great guitar processors. Even for jamming at home you have to have a backup plan. I might keep my Eleven rack in my sound card rack and just use it for recording any of these units do a great job for producing solos on recordings.

You know I was just thinking another thing you could do with a rack mount unit is just develop one good all around rock sound and one good clean sound that way you would only have to switch between the two at least for a backup situation. This would be fairly simple to pull off, actually I have an older Pearce preamp that would work great for this as it has a foot switch for changing from the distortion to clean channel.

I ended up purchasing two of those Eleven racks, I just thought it was such a great deal for brand new ones $375.00 each. I put one in a rack for backup and I put one in a rack next to my Motu sound card and i am going to use that one strictly for recording. The guy still has a bunch more if anyone is interested let me know Ill send you the link.

Man me and my other guitarist picked up an 11rack a while back and either we got a lemon, or its just bad to play next to an AF2. I tried everything possible. Playing through my matrix to his mesa cab, to my marshall cab, to a splawn cab, to direct into qsc k10's...nothing. It all sounded like a flubby mess.

I have been able to develop a good rock sound and a good clean sound which would get me through any backup situation. Lets face it, its not a Axe FX but for $375.00 brand new without Pro tools its a pretty good deal. I purchased two of them for that price. Every piece of equipment takes time to learn how to get a good tone out of it, even my GT10 sounds great for backup and that unit was $500.00 brand new and I just sold one for $250.00. I kept one for backup and just jamming with friends. Anyways here is the link if you decide to purchase one. I just jammed through mine for the afternoon and used all my different guitars, sounds great to me.
Avid Eleven Rack Brand New No Pro Tools V2 Expansion Pack Pre Loaded | eBay

I used a GT10 as a foot controller for my Ultra and then Axe II before I got the MFC. I still bring the GT10 to gigs and leave it in my truck in case either the Axe II or MFC craps out.

Its a pretty good little foot controller, plus the switchable external loop (for dirt pedals), volume foot controller and extra dirtbox models came in handy.

Amp modeling.....not so much.

Ultimately ...having another Axe and MFC as a backup.

Till then I been using a Vox Tonelab EX for backup! It sounds great!

I also have an Eleven Rack new still in the box! Been so busy tweaking and updating the axe and never got around to the 11Rack.

My other guitar player uses a GT-6 as his midi controller, so that in case his Axe ever died, he would use the GT-6 as his amp.
Not the best sounds, but certainly more than good enough to get through a weekend of gigs if your Axe ever goes down.

My other guitar player uses a GT-6 as his midi controller, so that in case his Axe ever died, he would use the GT-6 as his amp.
Not the best sounds, but certainly more than good enough to get through a weekend of gigs if your Axe ever goes down.

I had a gt6 and love the tone I got with that unit I think the preset was called Heavy Zone or something like that. That was a great preset.

Back
Top Bottom