Back to the grind

godwentpunk

Inspired
It's been about 6 years since I've had a gig and I have one coming up in November so I've been shaking off the cobwebs and am just now starting to look at my old setup.

I run the AFX2 in a loop on my Marshall JVM (via FCB1010) however, I did a silly thing and upgraded my AFX before I really put it all away... I tested things via the front inputs and it all sounded good but now when I try to run things via my FX Loop on my Marshall, it's almost like to effects are in the background barely noticeable miles aways.

I am really out of my game here and before I spend the hours sifting thousands of settings, I thought I would reach out to you all to see if anyone had a quick answer that will fix things for me.

I will be looking through all of the forum to see if I can find my post (from 8 years ago) where I was probably asking the same question back then.

My other option is to find my old computer and see if I can restore things to where they were before the upgrade... and if things work these, I might just keep stuff alone.

Thanks again for any and all suggestions.

joe...

Lots of variables in this issue? Just a few questions:

After 6 years...using same preset from before when using the amp loop? Nothing has changed?
No bad cables?
Effects blocks are set correctly?

I could not find my old laptop so I created a new patch from scratch.... From there, I was able to make things work but I'm still having some issues that I'm working thru for example, adding a REVERB block is changing the tone more that what I whole have expected... so just not adding reverb. I also noticed that with an 100% empty patch, it almost sounds like there is a phase shifter running at a very low cycle.

Hopefully later tonight I can start to pick apart each area to determine exactly where my tone gets colored from and then try to fix that part.

joe...

Do you get the same sound when playing through your studio monitors? Did you try to plug into front of amp to hear if the reverb and blocks do the same?

Maybe the amp FX return is going bad?

I'm going to start with looking at my wireless first to see if that is causing any sound different... I think my wireless to AFX might be an issue.

joe...

so it's not my wireless...

so here is what I did.. I created a new block with nothing in it... I turned my input gate off (although the level still works)

what I am finding (or hearing) is what I would call a phasing of my tone, it's almost like I have a phase-shifter on coloring the sound and making it a little thin at the same time.. also, when I turn my Output Level 1 knob to the left (so less output) the phasing sound becomes more noticeable.

I'm guessing I still have something not tweaked correctly....

I really want to make this thing work for me (again).

joe...

Is it possible that the loop you are running the afx2 is adding the direct sound to the amps direct sound as well? That would explain the phase sound you are getting due to the small amount of latency to the units direct sound. Try setting the reverb mix to 100% and make sure there is no direct sound coming from the axe fx. Alternatively, make sure th3 loop you are running the afx2 through, disables direct sound in the amp.
Thanks
Pauly

Is it possible that the loop you are running the afx2 is adding the direct sound to the amps direct sound as well? That would explain the phase sound you are getting due to the small amount of latency to the units direct sound. Try setting the reverb mix to 100% and make sure there is no direct sound coming from the axe fx. Alternatively, make sure th3 loop you are running the afx2 through, disables direct sound in the amp.
Thanks
Pauly
Answered in another thread:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/100-by-pass-patch.197322/

Parallel effects loop ;)

Back
Top Bottom