Back Panel AX8 vs FX8

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
FX8 Back Panel
FX8_rear.png

AX8 Back Panel
IMG_0780.jpg

Aha. No major surprise here except 4 pedaljacks, right?
uhm, I asked it before, but can those efx send returns also be used for 4CM?
No relay switching? Or is there a hidden secret in the pedal jacks ;-) - yes I know we have a different purpose here - but I hoped for it for more flexibility and regarding the competition...
Maybe we need to see the side panels first ;-)

i'm pretty sure the AX8 has no Relay switches, as it's not intended to be used with a real amp the same way the FX8 is.

i would also assume the inputs and outputs of the AX8 operate similarly, if not exactly the same way, to how the Axe-Fx inputs and outputs work with an FX Loop block.

The pedal jacks are more useful even in a real amp situation. MIDI-controlled relays are cheap, whereas many MIDI footswitch controllers and exp pedals with MIDI out are pricey. So here you can have 4 expression pedals right from the go and spend a few bucks more for relay control (I once picked up a used MIDI Solutions Relay for $30).

Seems kinda obvious that the FX loop jacks would function the same as Axe FX 2. But the real question is, did the special sauce that went into FX8's noise-free/zero-tone-suck 4CM design make it into this hardware? If 4CM is just as good with AX8, it will be the last pedal I ever buy.

(thread digression: last pedal I ever buy, unless FAS releases an "AX1" - one block at a time, one switch, and a few knobs - the Quantum Swiss Army Knife!)

But the real question is, did the special sauce that went into FX8's noise-free/zero-tone-suck 4CM design make it into this hardware? If 4CM is just as good with AX8, it will be the last pedal I ever buy.

If that happens to be true you must be at least 85 ;-))
Mark my words, "soonish" eventide and strymon will defend their sales and break into the floorboard claims...
Then there will be endless threads, discussions, comparisons and waiting times and it starts all over again. It´s just like that. Guitar players are just like that. Except may be the fractal fanboys who will be buried with a efx board that has a fractal sign on it and RIP. Widows don´t know what to do with it anyway, so...

Back
Top Bottom