Axe's tuner

Crank

Hey there,

I've been using Korg DTR1000 for couple of years now and since Axe has a tuner built in, I thought I would possibly get rid of Korg and use the Axe's one. However I don't know how that one works (I'm waiting for my own Axe). Is it suitable on stage to use this tuner? My experience with DTR is rather great, yet one less space in the rack seems to be almost enough for me to dismiss spoken unit.

So I'd like to ask you do you actually use this built-in tuner? What are your experiences with it? Could you be so kind and upload some video showing how that works?

Best wishes,
Mike

I don't have any videos but it works well on stage. With the MFC controller it would be even better as it would be right at your feet.

I ditched my Korg rack tuner when I got the Axe.

If you're used to looking back at a tuner (in a rack), then the Axe tuner will work great.
I personally think it's an easy tuner to use...
It's also able to send tuning data back to a variety of Midi foot pedals (Fractal, Liquid Foot, and now RJM Mastermind)

i use the axefx tuner for live stuff, I wish it was a strobe it gets a little hard to see that line from far away, but it's not really an issue

I have the MFC-101 and use the tuner.....sold my Korg pitch black. The Axe Fx tuner is certainly good enough for quick live use.....but then I'm not one of those super anal tuners...but they would probably like and use this built in tuner as well! :p

Love the Axe-tuner!
And the ability to use my Liquid Foot to show the tuner makes it even better!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

I decided to sell my DTR1000 and use the tuner from Axe Fx (which will arrive soon I hope). However, the thing is that since I live in Poland I don't have the access to equipment like all those cool stuff you mentioned, including all those MIDI foot pedals and also Mission Pedals (for wah and other expression controls). Even MCF101 isn't I can get in a blink. Of course in terms of availability.

Anyway, the bottom line is that dtr is going away and I'll stick to Axe's tuner.

once again thats for help!

best,
mike

Back
Top Bottom