AxeOMatic DSP Now Available

I dont see the version number, I just bought it today and it is frickin awwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome. Just mixing the new ownh. stuff was a blast, for fun mixed bunch of old kalhallen stuff, HEAVYYYYYYYYYYYYY FTW, very cool. So I just went and opened it up and said new version avail. I assume I just go to OH web and re download from "my account" I dont see any version numbers again. thanks

Anyone else get a error message sometimes when trying to audition IR's? I'm not at the computer right now, but it said something like "Can not load IR, not a valid cab" or something along those lines... I got the impression AoM didn't think there were any cab blocks in the preset, even though it clearly was?
I didn't get this with the older AoM, just on this one I downloaded yesterday. This seem to be depending on what preset I'm using, some presets work fine, others don't. And yes, I have changed the cab to user slot 1 or 2 where my Axeomatoc audition IR's are loaded. I also have the paid version of AoM....

please post when 1.1.2 is out as I want to start with that version. Ready to plunk down the dough to do so for what sounds to be a great program.

Anyone else get a error message sometimes when trying to audition IR's? I'm not at the computer right now, but it said something like "Can not load IR, not a valid cab" or something along those lines... I got the impression AoM didn't think there were any cab blocks in the preset, even though it clearly was?
I didn't get this with the older AoM, just on this one I downloaded yesterday. This seem to be depending on what preset I'm using, some presets work fine, others don't. And yes, I have changed the cab to user slot 1 or 2 where my Axeomatoc audition IR's are loaded. I also have the paid version of AoM....

I believe I have had this error message when trying to mix in some IRs that were outside the Beta files. Are you using the latest version?

"* The program uses system dialogs when asking for file names or folders, and the system decides which folder to start in. OSX always goes back to the last folder looked at, while Windows doesn't. With the change, if you make a selection in a system dialog (rather than click on Cancel) the program saves the name of that folder and asks for it the next time a dialog is opened."

This is not working for me on WinXP. I get the same aomDSP default directory every time I click to load an IR....or anything else.
Ver 1.1.2

"* The program uses system dialogs when asking for file names or folders, and the system decides which folder to start in. OSX always goes back to the last folder looked at, while Windows doesn't. With the change, if you make a selection in a system dialog (rather than click on Cancel) the program saves the name of that folder and asks for it the next time a dialog is opened."

This is not working for me on WinXP. I get the same aomDSP default directory every time I click to load an IR....or anything else.
Ver 1.1.2
OK, so the subscription thing isn't working for this thread.

When I tested it on my WinXP machine it *seemed* to work, by which I mean that it went to the folder I was last using. But... I can't tell if the Windows dialog went there because I specified it, or whether it went there because it would have anyway. It may be that you can't force it, but I'll take another look at it.

You're probably right, for some reason aom thinks there are no cabs in the preset. What firmware version is your AxeFx running? If you could send a preset that doesn't work to the email address in the About... menu I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.

Also, and this applies to most problems, if you could set the Logger Level to Debug, reproduce the problem, and send the log (to the email address in the About... menu) that will often tell me a lot about what happened. Include info on what OS (e.g. WinXP), what firmware version, and what version of aom you are using (see the About... menu).

You're probably right, for some reason aom thinks there are no cabs in the preset. What firmware version is your AxeFx running? If you could send a preset that doesn't work to the email address in the About... menu I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.

Also, and this applies to most problems, if you could set the Logger Level to Debug, reproduce the problem, and send the log (to the email address in the About... menu) that will often tell me a lot about what happened. Include info on what OS (e.g. WinXP), what firmware version, and what version of aom you are using (see the About... menu).

Great, I'll get that sent over to you!
By the way, I use Axe FW 7, Windows 7 64-bit. I see you just came out with a new version 1.1.2. I'll try and reproduce the problem with the old version as you instructed, and then try it with the new one.
I didn't have this with the version before the one I have now. Or maybe I just didn't try the same presets, I think I did, but can't be 100% sure when I think about it...

I uploaded v1.1.3 this afternoon. It will be available sometime in the next 60 minutes, depending on when the chron job is run.

No bug fixes, but I tried an entirely different method of remembering the previous folder on Windows. Other changes all have to do with adding more internal error handlers and more platform checks.

I keep getting a "Audition IR download Failed" error message on some presets and a "No cab block found in preset" in others (when there is a cab block). Im on 1.1.2 mac version and my axe is 8.01a. It says its connected but its not working. I've only had this for 2 days...it worked perfect yesterday...and then today it said there was an update so I installed it and isn't working at all.

I keep getting a "Audition IR download Failed" error message on some presets and a "No cab block found in preset" in others (when there is a cab block). Im on 1.1.2 mac version and my axe is 8.01a. It says its connected but its not working. I've only had this for 2 days...it worked perfect yesterday...and then today it said there was an update so I installed it and isn't working at all.

So it worked fine on 1.1.1, but after updating to 1.1.2, and again with 1.1.3, it fails either with no cab block found, or audition download failed, correct? With the same presets you weren't getting any errors with 1.1.1?

Set the log level to debug, try it again, and send me the log file. I don't know of any changes that would cause this, and audition is still working fine here (OSX 10.8.2, fw8.01a), so I'm going to have to figure out what is happening.

From 1.1.1 to .2 and .3 the changes were in remembering the last folder used on Windows, and in error handling for things like 'no server found' when checking for a new version...

Ok...in the preset I was getting the "Audition IR download Failed" I reset the cab block and now the audition is working on that preset...but resetting the cab block in the presets where im getting "No cab block found in the preset" still does not fix the problem. Yea, I did not get that problem at all yesterday...I'll do that as soon as i get a chance (have to get my kids to bed).

Ok...in the preset I was getting the "Audition IR download Failed" I reset the cab block and now the audition is working on that preset...but resetting the cab block in the presets where im getting "No cab block found in the preset" still does not fix the problem. Yea, I did not get that problem at all yesterday...I'll do that as soon as i get a chance (have to get my kids to bed).

OK, so now it works with some presets, and gives you no cab found on some others, correct? If so, please send one or more of the presets that are giving you the no cab found errors.

Thanks...

Directory recall now works in XP. Although, it doesn't remember after the app is closed and reopened. Don't know if there's a way to save that in the prefs but it would be nice. Much better now though.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom