AxeFXSend : A tiny tool for auditioning IRs or presets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Once again thanks for your awesome work. Finally got to hear all of the new cab packs I purchased from FAS one after another with ease ! Donation sent.

MAC user here (Axe-FX II). I'm going to give the MAC version a try but was wondering what it's lacking compared to Windows version?

Maybe need to use my wife's Windows laptop just to run this app? Hmm...

MAC user here (Axe-FX II). I'm going to give the MAC version a try but was wondering what it's lacking compared to Windows version?

Maybe need to use my wife's Windows laptop just to run this app? Hmm...
a lot of things are missing on Mac version, prefer the Windows one if possible ;)

Sad to report it doesn't seem to work under wine...

It changes the cab slot to scratch but the IR's are not making it to the Axe-Fx...

Sad to report it doesn't seem to work under wine...

It changes the cab slot to scratch but the IR's are not making it to the Axe-Fx...
So wine does not emulate correctly Windows' MIDI behaviour... I think i know why, AxeFXSend sends the data but does not wait for an answer, in Windows it's faster and works but it's not the classical way of doin ;) I may take a look ;)

Finally got a chance to give this tool a try. I wish there was a manual or tutorial, because I'm clearly not using it right.

I threw a folder of IRs at it and it was VERY cool that I could set it to roll thru each IR for 10 seconds while I played. I hit the "mark" button for the ones I was interested in. Then things kind of went off the rails. If I either tried to exit or hit the button to manage the IRs, I got a window that suggested it should list all of the ones I "marked" but it was empty. In the end, I had to kill the process and do things the long way. Not sure what I did wrong, but I wished it worked, because the potential of the app seems enormous. I would like to have seen a running count for how many IRs I marked and how many were left in the folder that I dropped in and then have a work flow that allowed me to whittle down the list.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to give this tool a try. I wish there was a manual or tutorial, because I'm clearly not using it right.

I threw a folder of IRs at it and it was VERY cool that I could set it to roll thru each IR for 10 seconds while I played. I hit the "mark" button for the ones I was interested in. Then things kind of went off the rails. If I either tried to exit or hit the button to manage the IRs, I got a window that suggested it should list all of the ones I "marked" but it was empty. In the end, I had to kill the process and do things the long way. Not sure what I did wrong, but I wished it worked, because the potential of the app seems enormous. I would like to have seen a running count for how many IRs I marked and how many were left in the folder that I dropped in and then have a work flow that allowed me to whittle down the list.
Yes, those enhancements are for the next version, very soon ;)
When you hit exit, you are presented a list of marked irs/presets. Then you can copy to a specific folder or just exit.

AxeFXSend 1.0 released !
- Better display of current file auditionned
- Displays the number of files of the current folder/archive/AxeChange
- Displays the number of marked files (in folder/archive/AxeChange mode)
- No longer resets checks and timers when drag & droping a new archive/folder

Thank you for this!

Looking forward to using the MAC version as Cab auditioning is one of the only things that Axe Edit is a bit clunky with. Do you think you'll be releasing a V1.0 for MAC? (there seems to be a lot of MAC users here). We all really appreciate all the fine work you're doing!

Again, many many thanks for developing this!

Thank you for this!

Looking forward to using the MAC version as Cab auditioning is one of the only things that Axe Edit is a bit clunky with. Do you think you'll be releasing a V1.0 for MAC? (there seems to be a lot of MAC users here). We all really appreciate all the fine work you're doing!

Again, many many thanks for developing this!
Probably a Mac version in October, when my dev environment will be multiplatform ;)

Yes, those enhancements are for the next version, very soon ;)
When you hit exit, you are presented a list of marked irs/presets. Then you can copy to a specific folder or just exit.

The old version was just giving me a blank screen, but the new version works. Very cool app, I especially like being able to set it to play each IR for 5 seconds and then move on. That part alone is killer and I've sent you a donation for it. After using it a few times, I already have a wish list for a future release. For me, the IR selection process is iterative, that is, I start with a long list, pick a bunch that sound good for the tone I'm going for, and then compare those to each other, throw some more out, and repeat the process. With the current app, I have to mark the ones I want to consider in the next round, copy them to another folder, load that folder, and then repeat. I think it would be MUCH faster and a better experience if there were two things: 1) a checkbox below where I could set [Play only Marked IRs/Presets] and, 2) a button that is active only when playing a marked file called [Unmark IR/Preset], or you could have the 'Mark' button toggle to 'Unmark' when playing a marked IR/preset. Using those functions, the process to select a new IR would simply be, 1) rotate through the initial set marking all files of interest, 2) switch to [Play only Marked IRs] mode, and then unmark IRs as I want to rule them out. When I only have 1 file left, I'm done.

Just my two cents.... Like I said though, it's a great app.

Good idea ! And thanks a lot for the gift :)
What about a button to cycle thru the marked ones, then you refine your marked files once more until you're happy then you exit and get the list ?

Good idea !! Maybe refining the marked one "over and over" not only with only one more round ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom