AxeFxIII Digital Routing Possibilities

It works fine for me using my Mark I and an 8i6. But I will admit that it's difficult to figure out exactly what's going on here.

It works fine for me using my Mark I and an 8i6. I wouldn't call this circular, the 8i6 is the clock master.
By circular, I just mean, anything where the sound gets routed via s/pdif connections back to the starting point as in the examples above (back to Ax3). In my testing I can never get the last s/pdif connection back to the original starting point (Ax3) regardless of number of devices. In your Ax3 > 8i6 > Ax2 > Ax3 test are you confirming sound back thru Ax3 outputs with the loop turned on? (probably yes, sorry, don't mean to second guess you but I thought it was working here and it turned out I was just monitoring from the Interface in the middle of the loop and not from Ax3 output).

The difference in our tests could be due to my Roland interface (OctaCapture) which users also complain about not being able to send / receive simultaneously by s/pdif (I chased this one around some time ago also but never found out what it is that makes this work or not in various devices).

Yes, I'm monitoring the signal on the Axe-FX III after the fx loop and I'm hearing the effect added by the Axe-FX II. But I don't pretend to have an explanation for any of this :).

Would be interesting to see if 2 Ax3s or Ax3/Fm9 would work. Anyway, I can't add anything more - hopefully, we gain insight into this at some point.

In the mean time, OP, check out the Ax3 > Ax2 > Interface s/pdif config - not what your looking for but I've found it to be quite valuable.

Reactions: BTU
Back
Top Bottom