AxeFXII to Poweramp Cable Length?? Humbuster?

obecalp

Please help. I've tried searching but I'm a bit confused.

My Axe is in a rack in my house. I have a poweramp and speaker in my garage 15meters (50ft) away. The poweramp only takes a 1/4" mono input.

Is this a situation where I want to use a Humbuster cable?

Thanks!

YAY! V10 + AxeEdit!!!

It could be useful, BUT the sound needs 41ms to travel 15 meters.
That's a painfully huge delay to deal with.

It could be useful, BUT the sound needs 41ms to travel 15 meters.
That's a painfully huge delay to deal with.

I'll be standing next to the speaker. My guitar is wireless with the receiver in the same rack as the Axe. I don't think delay will be a problem?

Yes, humbuster cables between Axe>power amp. But I'd rather put the power amp in the house and get some long speaker cables instead.

I'll be standing next to the speaker. My guitar is wireless with the receiver in the same rack as the Axe. I don't think delay will be a problem?

And what happens if you need to, let's say, tweak something?

Yes, humbuster cables between Axe>power amp. But I'd rather put the power amp in the house and get some long speaker cables instead.

I guess I could do that if I was using my head and cab, but in this situation I'll be using the power amp input on my combo. I didn't make that clear in the first post.

Would you rather do it that way because the signal from the power amp is less susceptible to noise than the signal from the Axe? Or another reason?

Thanks for the info.

OK, but often you need just a very little more mids or less volume...

Yes and I could use the master volume or EQ on the poweramp if this was necessary. But it won't be in this situation. Thanks for your comments though. :)

For that, we have Axe-Edit... NOT! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Soon we will. :) But that would mean I'd need quite a long USB cable too.

Either way, as stated, manipulating the settings on the Axe is not a requirement in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom