AxeFXChannel on YouTube needs some attention

Dave Hoskins

Inspired
Hi Guys,

I was setting up a new account on YouTube last night and I wanted to subscribe to the Axe-FX channel. I searched for "axe-fx","fractal audio" and terms like that and guess what: no official Axe-Fx channel in the search results. I seem to remember a link in the Wiki but I can't seem to find it now. I finally found the channel this morning after searching this forum for "youtube" When I went to the channel to subscribe guess what: no subscription button. Also - and I may be the only one - the background, and color scheme in general, makes it a very hard read. In my opinion the flowery background is too busy and I literally cannot read the video titles in the "Axe-FX Gig HD" module because of the color combinations.

Please don't take this as a complaint, I'm very grateful that someone took the effort to set the channel up, I'm just suggesting that the administrator go in and set some tags up so that It will appear in searches and modify the scheme to make the page a little easier to read. Oh, and a subscription button would also be nice. Thanks for letting me bend you ear.

I'm the one who set the channel.
The tags from the first day are :
Axe-Fx Fractal Audio Atomic Amp

So if you find nothing with "Axe-Fx" as request, or "Fractal Audio", you have to send a request to Youtube.
This channel collect just videos but there are no videos posted for the account it's probably the main reason it didn't appears really in first place to your request :
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... fx+channel

I have no control about the subscription button and as you can see there are 9 friends and 41 subcriptors for 3000 views, so it must be working because i did nothing for them but just control and accept their request.

For the layout it's a matter of taste and i'm not myself really happy with it, i just try to make something original that displays on the first page the max number of videos. There is a second layout available but it displays less videos on the main page.
It can change and if you have any proposition just pm me.

I see no way to sub either, most of the time you can go to a video and sub from there, but the axefx has no videos that i can see, just a playlist.
you can sub a playlist though.

I just subbed to the [Axe-Fx HD] playlist, so i'll only get notified when something in it gets added, but not the LD playlist.

Edit...

Sorry, got it...had to do with the v.2 channel type.

@ BMI

slightly OT, but how did you manage to set up the 'Axe-Fx Gigs HD' module ? I've seen modules like that before, but never quite understood how it can be added to a channel :? ....

Thanks !

Dave Hoskins said:
I think it must be that we can't subscribe to the channel because the channel has posted no videos. :?
I think so and it can't be either for the moment (with this layout):

1 - this is not the official FAS channel. They will probably open one day a "Fractal Audio" channel.
2 - FAS has not released yet an official video of the Axe-Fx. If they did one day and if they are agree i will upload it.
3 - another way is just to set the main page as a bookmark.

To Vegababy :
i'm not sure to understand your question, but the "HD Gig" module is based on a normal playlist. You just have to select the option to display it as a "log video" to display it like that. BTW i change sometimes this "module" by selecting another playlist as my "log video".

I have selected the other layout available...tell me if you think it's better.

bmi said:
Dave Hoskins said:
I think it must be that we can't subscribe to the channel because the channel has posted no videos. :?
I think so and it can't be either for the moment (with this layout):

1 - this is not the official FAS channel. They will probably open one day a "Fractal Audio" channel.
2 - FAS has not released yet an official video of the Axe-Fx. If they did one day and if they are agree i will upload it.
3 - another way is just to set the main page as a bookmark.

To Vegababy :
i'm not sure to understand your question, but the "HD Gig" module is based on a normal playlist. You just have to select the option to display it as a "log video" to display it like that. BTW i change sometimes this "module" by selecting another playlist as my "log video".

I have selected the other layout available...tell me if you think it's better.
Thanks !

I got it in the end. It just had to do with the version 2 setup.

The new one you did looks nice. They are changeing the old ones over anyway so not much of a choice :D

Back
Top Bottom